Welcome To aBlackWeb

Goat Song of 03 Tournament Preliminaries

Status
Not open for further replies.
Should there be a voting criteria or should things stay the same? Like for example, are we voting for the song we like the better or which song was more popular at the time?

I vote based on how good the song was when it dropped, how it aged and sounds today and how it performed.

Niggas voting for songs that nobody outside if their cult following gives 2 fucks about and didn't impact shit.

I thought we was listening to music and picking the better sounding track.

Goldie always bringing up pop charts like we at the Billboard Awards

I thought we was listening to music and picking the better sounding track.

Goldie always bringing up pop charts like we at the Billboard Awards

Why wouldn't performance be a criteria when judging best songs of the year?

U keep naming niggas only you and 3 other mfs heard. Foh :foh1:

Why wouldn't performance be a criteria when judging best songs of the year?

U keep naming niggas only you and 3 other mfs heard. Foh :foh1:
Why we doin user submitted nominations if thats what makes a song better? All we need to do is Google highest charting song.

In Da Club im guessing was the biggest song.... There u go tourny over

Why we doin user submitted nominations if thats what makes a song better? All we need to do is Google highest charting song that.

In Da Club im guessing was the biggest song.... There u go tourny over

lol i hate when yall niggas do this shit.

I said there's 3/THREE criteria's, imo.

1. how good the song was (quality) when it dropped
2. How it aged (quality)
3. how it performed

Performance is only 1/3.

But you knew that already, u chose to go for the weak rebuttal instead :foh5:

We know where Goldie and Goat stand on this. How about the others? Should there be a criteria or keep things the way they are?

U got all these checkpoints and criteria...

Im just sayin throw any 2 songs in the ring and let the ppl listen and decide what sounds better.

Fuck what trend was hotter at the time or who sold more records to white teens.

What song sounds better today?

giphy.webp

Not Hip Hop

U got all these checkpoints and criteria...

Im just sayin throw any 2 songs in the ring and let the ppl listen and decide what sounds better.

Fuck what trend was hotter at the time or who sold more records to white teens.

What song sounds better today?
giphy.gif

You're trying to rewrite history!

We know where Goldie and Goat stand on this. How about the others? Should there be a criteria or keep things the way they are?

Only Local Hits song Vs. National Hits song are two different lanes...this tournament is about the National hit song level and it’s impact....I understand GOAT point but I agree with Goldie ...For example Mac Dre is a Bay Area Legend for Hypy music and made local hits in 2003/ 2004 before his death. Chuck Brown from DC is a local DMV Area Legend and made local hits songs for GOGO music before his death.

But Neither artists made a National impact that should be worthy in this Tournament

Only Local Hits song Vs. National Hits song are two different lanes...this tournament is about the National hit song level and it’s impact....I understand GOAT point but I agree with Goldie ...For example Mac Dre is a Bay Area Legend for Hypy music and made local hits in 2003/ 2004 before his death. Chuck Brown from DC is a local DMV Area Legend and made local hits songs for GOGO music before his death.

But Neither artists made a National impact that should be worthy in this Tournament
So 2-1 in favor of a criteria.

giphy.gif

You're trying to rewrite history!
I look at these threads like crate diggin.

How many dope samples have producers found crate digging and finding overlooked or hidden gems.

Hip hop is starting to get older to the point where w/ internet we can find dope stuff we never messed with or maybe some were too young.

If it slaps it slaps. Let the songs speak for themselves. If it sucks then said poster who nominated trash should be treated as such.

Yall never gonna expand your worldview listening to the same 10 songs.

Im not looking forward to a tourny filled with all 50cent & Jay Z songs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back