Tamia - So Into You
Lauryn -Ex Factor
Dru Hill - Beauty

R. Kelly - Home Alone
Deborah Cox - We Can’t be Friends
Lauryn Hill - Tell Him
Whitney Houston - My Love Is Your Love

So just for reclarification...

are we doing this based on the album release or single release?

I would think when we do these throwback years it should be date of single release because of how music was consumed back then

So just for reclarification...

are we doing this based on the album release or single release?

I would think when we do these throwback years it should be date of single release because of how music was consumed back then
Im thinking its whatever came first? Sometimes songs are pushed as singles well after album relases for a final push in sales.

Is Everything Is Everything by Lauryn considered Hip Hop or R&B?

Because most of the song is singing, then she says a verse at the end.

Im thinking its whatever came first? Sometimes songs are pushed as singles well after album relases for a final push in sales.
yeah but how did they have metrics of which songs were hot enough to push as a single?

Like I said back in the day...they actually had to plan and be strategic about what songs were singles...it was a guessing game

now...they can actively track which songs on the album getting the most play via streaming

for example

Room 112 dropped in Oct 98 but the song anywhere was dropped as a single in 99

before its dropped on as a single back then its just a b side

im just asking cause I think it might actually bring more balance to some of these years that are pre-digital

Since we've started doing this back in 2017 it's always been based on the year the album dropped to eliminate any confusion.
But now my question is, what if a song was released as a single for a movie soundtrack one year but ended up on the artist's album on a later year? For example. Ginuwine's Same Ol G was on the Doctor Doolittle Soundtrack in 98 and released on his 100% album in 99. Or Mystikal - Neck Uv Da Woods on The Wood soundtrack in 99 and his album Let's Get Ready in 2000

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back