Welcome To aBlackWeb

GOAT Debut By Somebody That Was In A Group & Went Solo?

Sisqo - Unleash the Dragon.

You couldn't name another R&B singer male or female that was topping Sisqo at the time, maybe Kells, but outside of him, Sisqo was running the game.

That album Unleash the Dragon is a classic, I'd say Top 15 all-time R&B male solo albums in the 90s or 2000s (I can't recall when it came out) and ppl don't talk about it as much

The reason I'll put Bobby over this Sisqo album is because of the time Bobby's album drop, the whole look of R&B was so grown and catering towards that 21 and up crowd, but when Bobby dropped his album, the album ushered in that teen audience in a sense. That's why I think writing and the production on that album played a deep part in making an album, It's scary and fascinating to see how the writing process and production process of a song/album can capture certain audiences, What audience can your writing and production capture can make for a great album, (sometimes). Teens, Blacks, Whites, Elderly, Professional, etc. Bobby's album was able to catch all those groups of people thus me putting his album above Sisqo, That album changed the fashion, dancing, language of a culture. Production wise, it stamped a mark in R&B and it worked.

You had Guy and Keith Sweat, Al B Sure, that somewhat held on to a teen audience, but those records were still for your 21 and up crowd. You had teens, singing Every Little Step I Take, and his other songs. Al B Sure- Night and Day was a song for that 17-25 crowd, compared to Every Little Step, that song had 3rd graders, pre-k kids singing or dancing to that tune. I know I was dancing to that shit Lol

Sisqo, that nigga album killed the game, even though I think it sold only 4 million, that dude ran the game. Like I stated, Kells was probably at the time, the only one fucking with Sisqo,

I just downloaded Sisqo solo album.

Yo!!!!!

That Unleash the Dragon album that shit is flames

"How Can I Love You Tonight"

"So Addicted"

"Is Love Enough" (The back and forth with him and ole girl smh Lol) Them women loved that shit, shit was played everywhere Lol. Women in them Acuras and Honda Civics and them other 2 door cars that they treated like Bentleys Coups Lol played the shit outta this song smh Lmaoo

Those songs there may be the best songs off that album, and I ain't even named "Incomplete" or that Thong song which I hated.

But yeah that album is classic material.

Niggas sleep on Sisqo 1st solo album project. Shit is a banger, still

Vinnie Paz after he left JMT dropped this personal classic...

11286f191de1e362c7dc49952d78d4e307864344

Sisqo - Unleash the Dragon.

You couldn't name another R&B singer male or female that was topping Sisqo at the time, maybe Kells, but outside of him, Sisqo was running the game.

That album Unleash the Dragon is a classic, I'd say Top 15 all-time R&B male solo albums in the 90s or 2000s (I can't recall when it came out) and ppl don't talk about it as much

The reason I'll put Bobby over this Sisqo album is because of the time Bobby's album drop, the whole look of R&B was so grown and catering towards that 21 and up crowd, but when Bobby dropped his album, the album ushered in that teen audience in a sense. That's why I think writing and the production on that album played a deep part in making an album, It's scary and fascinating to see how the writing process and production process of a song/album can capture certain audiences, What audience can your writing and production capture can make for a great album, (sometimes). Teens, Blacks, Whites, Elderly, Professional, etc. Bobby's album was able to catch all those groups of people thus me putting his album above Sisqo, That album changed the fashion, dancing, language of a culture. Production wise, it stamped a mark in R&B and it worked.

You had Guy and Keith Sweat, Al B Sure, that somewhat held on to a teen audience, but those records were still for your 21 and up crowd. You had teens, singing Every Little Step I Take, and his other songs. Al B Sure- Night and Day was a song for that 17-25 crowd, compared to Every Little Step, that song had 3rd graders, pre-k kids singing or dancing to that tune. I know I was dancing to that shit Lol

Sisqo, that nigga album killed the game, even though I think it sold only 4 million, that dude ran the game. Like I stated, Kells was probably at the time, the only one fucking with Sisqo,
That shit banged the track unleash the dragon used to be my shit

603E5227-E4F8-4675-B7DC-F86FC82C3B9E.jpeg

Yasin count?? I mean Blackstar was a group and Mos did put out a classic solo album...

I'm just gonna drop this here. Not saying its the absolute best, but I can remember Truly and You Are getting played on the radio every 30 minutes.

Attachments

• Lionel.jpg
    Lionel.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 20
"That Thing" was huge, so was "x factor"

Yeah I was in NYC when Miseducation came out. She had 4 songs on heavy rotation on Hot 97, Doo Wop, The Ex Factor, Lost Ones and Everything is Everything. Then she won a whole bunch of Grammys.

Having said that, Wyclef's album got just as much play, but I don't think it won as many Grammys.

Did anybody mention Ice Cube's Amerikkka's Most Wanted yet?

Because that's a 5 mic classic and fits all the criteria. He was in a group, said "fuck ya'll I'm going solo" and dropped a 5 mic classic.

How many of these albums we talkin went DIAMOND tho?

Yeah but certain albums can't go diamond because there isn't a big enough audience, or a big enough forum to market and promote.

Amerikkas Most Wanted was a GOAT album when it was released but it didn't get any radio play. There weren't any radio friendly songs so there's a limit to how much it can possibly sell. It probably went platinum, but thats about as far as you can go with no radio single.

Back