Welcome To aBlackWeb

Poll Goat 70s-80s Movie Tournament (Rd1): Willy Wonka vs Who Framed Roger Rabbit

Better Movie?

• Total voters
Are you reading the posts, or just looking at the poll?

both.

Willy Wonka is the superior movie... But I guess niggas was mad geeked to see Bugs and Mickey on screen at the same time and shit. Don't get me wrong, I was when I saw it but c'mon...

... At least I get why some of y'all like the bodies on these broads nowadays.

Saw Roger Rabbit in the movies as a kid, and that's a classic.

But Willy Wonka is more of an all-time classic, for me. There's mad messages in that movie that I didn't even understand until I got older. I love that movie, so WW takes this one for me.

The social and class dynamics in Roger rabbit went over a lotta niggaz heads I see.

If y'all really think it was just about seeing cartoons... You missed a lot of the shit the movie was deliberately doing.

Toons were portrayed as a inferior class without rights. And the villain despite being part of that group the was not only killing his own kind, he was planning to profit off of destroying their entire community.

Shit had a lotta social commentary in there that's very honest on how the class system in this country works

The social and class dynamics in Roger rabbit went over a lotta niggaz heads I see.

If y'all really think it was just about seeing cartoons... You missed a lot of the shit the movie was deliberately doing.

Toons were portrayed as a inferior class without rights. And the villain despite being part of that group the was not only killing his own kind, he was planning to profit off of destroying their entire community.

Shit had a lotta social commentary in there that's very honest on how the class system in this country works

This, this, and this.

The fucking cartoons are not the highlight of the movie.

both.

Willy Wonka is the superior movie... But I guess niggas was mad geeked to see Bugs and Mickey on screen at the same time and shit. Don't get me wrong, I was when I saw it but c'mon...

... At least I get why some of y'all like the bodies on these broads nowadays.

Oh this nigga mad. Lol!

Bruh this shyt came out in the 80s. A lot of folks was just kids. Yeah we understood the plot...but highly doubt a lot of kids was on that "woke" mentality shyt while watching the movie at that time.

RR got my vote b/c of that moment in time when I 1st watched it. Just like a lot of us at that age. Plot/whateva underline message aside...to see all our favorite cartoons that we watched on one screen was big.

Back