Welcome To aBlackWeb

Poll Goat 70s-80s Movie Tournament (Rd1): Glory Vs Apocalypse Now

Better Movie?

• Glory

• Apocalypse Now

Results are only viewable after voting.
By far Glory.

Denzel's character taking them lashes w/o even flinching while he slowly tears up will always be an iconic and powerful scene.

Also them sitting around the fire, singing, and giving their testimony the night b4 battle is another iconic scene imo.

Apocalypse Now is very good. Watched for the 1st time a few years back
The opening sequence and the cinematography are goated. So many powerful and iconic scenes that look modern for flick released in 79

Glory, I remember seeing it in school and blown away. Denzel had a goat performance but and so did Morgan Freeman and Snowflake(Andre Braugher). And the music is GOAT. It should have won best picture in 89...that or Do the Right Thing

This matchup is close but imo it goes to Glory

I haven’t seen Glory since probably high school but I fuck with Apocalypse Now heavy. Denzel has a legendary performance but other than that I don’t remember it fondly for much else. I voted for AN but I’m not mad at Glory winning.

Apocalypse Now is an iconic flick from the 70's and still stands as one of the greats as movies go. Glory was really good, but to me doesn't come close to Apocalypse Now.

Back