Welcome To aBlackWeb

Getting over a break up.

A

Anonymous

Who takes longer to get over someone after a break up ? Is it the female or male?

What have you done to get over a break up?

*stolen from Facebook

I don't think gender matters

We all hurt and grief in different ways. A lot of times when people hop into relationships soon after break ups, it's because they are trying to mask the pain and feel that a new and improved version of their previous situation is what they need.

Could take weeks, months, or years depending on the person. But it's up to that person to decide how long they are going to let it affect them as well as future relationships which is why self reflection is so important during the midst of a breakup.

Me personally, I've just tried to occupy my time with other activities, mainly ones that force this self reflection and just try to improve in veering a better person overall.

There was a period when one of my gfs broke up with me over some dumb shit and I was playing BG's "bat a bitch" and "stay in line hoe" on repeat, but that just made me even more upset.

Yea we all deal with it differently gender has nothing to do with it we all feel. Eh cliche but time and staying away from the person are the only true ways I've moved on. A little while after the breakup can be a bitch depending on how the connection was though but, eventually you learn to heal and move on.

They say the only thing better than good is new........jokes. I think it is an individual person/ relationship thing. There were breakups where I was out hunting within a week and then there were breakups that too longer and required a more introspective response that it took longer to get over. But I think there should be some space in between relationships. I don't think there is anything I did I just know it always got easier each day after the breakup.

Back