Welcome To aBlackWeb

Game of Thrones creators on that BS

Ironman

Genius, Billionaire, Playboy, Philanthropist

http://www.thewrap.com/game-of-thrones-showrunners-confederate/amp/

After “Game of Thrones” wraps up, showrunners David Benioff and D.B. Weiss will continue onto their next project for HBO — an alternate history series called “Confederate,” the network announced Wednesday.

Benioff and Weiss will executive produce the series, which exists in a fictional timeline where the South succeeded in seceding from the Union. In this version of the United States — or what’s become of it — slavery has remained legal and has continued into the modern era.

The story takes place during what’s called the Third American Civil War and follows a group of characters on both sides of the Mason-Dixon line, now a demilitarized zone. The groups the characters belong to are vast and include freedom fighters, slave hunters, politicians, abolitionists, journalists and others. One specific group are the executives of a slave-holding conglomerate and the families they control.

Also Read: 'Game of Thrones' Star John Bradley Tells Us the Most Tragic Way He Could Die on the Show (Video)

Production is expected to begin after the final season of “Game of Thrones.”

Benioff and Weiss said they’d been playing around with the idea for years, but originally thought of it as a feature film.

“But our experience on ‘Thrones’ has convinced us that no one provides a bigger, better storytelling canvas than HBO,” the two said in a statement. “There won’t be dragons or White Walkers in this series, but we are creating a world.”

“As the brilliant ‘Game of Thrones’ winds down to its final season, we are thrilled to be able to continue our relationship with Dan and David, knowing that any subject they take on will result in a unique and ambitious series,” said president of HBO Programming Casey Bloys. “Their intelligent, wry and visually stunning approach to storytelling has a way of engaging an audience and taking them on an unforgettable journey.”

Also Read: 'Game of Thrones' Director on How Ed Sheeran Scene Gives Arya an 'Entirely Unexpected' Break

Joining Benioff and Weiss as writers on the series are Nichelle Tramble Spellman (“Justified,” “The Good Wife”) and Malcolm Spellman (“Empire”).

“We couldn’t imagine better partners in world-building than Nichelle and Malcolm, who have impressed us for a long time with their wit, their imagination and their Scrabble-playing skills,” the showrunner duo continued.

Carolyn Strauss and Bernadette Caufield, both from “Game of Thrones,” are also joining the series as executive producers

@Wife of Sam I need an epic rant because I'm speechless
@Joshua 3:16 @CPS
spike_zpsl0inavpp.gif

Seriously though...like the audacity of them Trump really got them feeling themselves for real smh. Bet you they throw in that white savior bullshit and a whole bunch of rapes to black men and women smh. Tv likes pushing white men and black women these days so a lot of that will be promoted on some sneak shit as well.

Last edited:
I am sure they saw the success of The Handmaid on Hulu, and thought why the hell not?

Only way to make this redeemable if the Union rises up and defeat the Confederacy.

Unfortunately, slavery will probably be sensationalized in a GoT-fashion for a few seasons until a strong message is sent.

We have had a nice run in recently Hollywood re-telling our history and plights in non-fiction accounts...
  • Race
  • Selma
  • 12 Years a Slave
  • The Butler
  • Get On Up
  • Red Tails
  • The Birth of a Nation
  • Thurgood Marshall (coming soon)
  • Underground (fiction)
  • Etcetera
I wonder if other disenfranchised groups has had their history fictionalized for entertainment purposes like they are planning to do to us?

Bright side, more up and coming black actors will find work in Hollywood.

Last edited:
Semantically speaking, they are the creators of the GoT TV show. Martin is the creator of the intellectual property, but w/o them bringing to HBO, then the books are probably still a cult like following among book readers.

With that being said, there is an Amazon Prime original show called "the man in the high castle" that is about a world where Germany doesnt lose WW2 iirc. So it tells the story from the perspective if Hilter never died. Reimagined time period shows were here before this one came to light as an idea.

As far as my personal beliefs on it...i would have to see what the end game is as I dont quite understand the premise from reading the article Ironman posted

That's why i said the mastermind. The world of GoT as we know it was created by Martin.

I have never watched a slavery movie whether it be roots, 12 years a slave, django or any other. I only watch Underground because Jurnee Smollett fine as hell.

Nah let's do this lol

Could there be at GoT SHOW w/o Martin? NO

Could there be a Got SHOW w/o these 2 dudes? YES

absolutely...agree on both points...however...THEY are the creators of the show though. The article is correct in that label. Yes, their show is based on the books and universe created by Martin, but he did not go to HBO with the idea to do a show about his books.

Back