Welcome To aBlackWeb

GA teen scams almost $1M from Kroger in two weeks

Rubato

it only matters to us

A Duluth teen was recently arrested for allegedly scamming a Kroger store he worked for out of nearly $1 million and using the money to buy cars and weapons among other items, according to Gwinnett County police.

Cpl. Collin Flynn said Tre Brown, 19, is accused of stealing more than $980,000 from the Kroger on Steve Reynold Boulevard in unincorporated Duluth by creating more than 40 fraudulent returns for non-existent items over a two-week period between late December and early January.

The returns ranged from $75 to more than $87,000 and were allegedly put on several credit cards.

"Corporate employees from Kroger noticed the fraudulent transactions and contacted the police department," Flynn said. "Investigators learned that Brown purchased clothes, guns, shoes, and two vehicles with the money. Prior to being arrested, Brown totaled one of the vehicles."

Gwinnett County jail records show Brown was arrested, booked and later released from the jail on Jan. 14. Flynn said a large amount of the money was returned to Kroger after Brown's arrest. The teen has been charged with theft by taking.

Lol they probably noticed him doing small fraudulent stuff months ago but didn't pop him anticipating he'll do some shit like this
Shit at Target they let you hang yourself a but before they get you. I think over $500 is a felony but I seen a dude go down for ringing up Xbox's for $20

Wow.

I wouldn't have went up to that amount. What's the amount ya'll would've stopped at??
None. Everything is tracked at the register. They sign into those registers so any money missing while you logged in is on you. He should of just had a friend come buy some stuff and the guy at the register can pretend to scan a couple of items.

Man I did some similar shit at Dillard. A co worker put me on to the scam. Was getting gift recipients and selling them. One day I'm at work and the co worker calls me on the work phone (no cell phones then) and tells me that the cops came looking for him the day before but he was off. He gone tell me don't leave or I'll look suspicious. I didn't leave but that was my last day. Then come to find out all the black people who worked in different departments was doing the same thing. Its crazy how great minds think alike

The store? Nah they would just fire him ASAP

What you described is how police operate not businesses

I was a manager at Target fresh out of college.

They literally let this guy in my store scam stuff to build a felony case for months before they popped him.

I remember he walked to the register and they called me over the walkie and told me to tell the cashier to act like something is wrong and turn her light on for assistance.

I came over there printed a copy of the transaction. He charged over 1k worth of stuff on a gift card. 2 months later they got him and 10 other people running a scam from Baltimore to Norfolk VA.

Back