Welcome To aBlackWeb

Future vs Rocko Beef Thread

From what I've read he's getting a percentage of tours and other side ventures Future is doing as well. 360 aka fuck nigga contract.

so to rectify the problem he went and signed the same type of deal with Epic too?

sunting aint adding up bruh bruh

I wouldn't go as far as saying the contract was bad, but again a contract is a contract.

If you really wanna see your boy win, why not just re-structure the contract once the ball get to rolling/dude get to popping. I mean it's ways to do things and keep the friendship and money A1

I mean,

I get it, but at the same time, if I'm fronting the money up to put you out there and spending studio money etc, as a CEO, the man whose putting the money up, I am looking for a return on my investment, I gotta see something bounce back. The player could never be bigger than the owner?

Future (to me) just trying to get all what's due to him because he's putting in the work and he's hot, which is understandable but shit, you can't forget who started you off either and what you signed off on. That's my whole somewhat issue with the situation.

exactly.

Pro athletes do it all the time...they are outperforming their contract...so they ask for a restructured deal to better match the production.
Same principal could have been applied here. ESPECIALLY if they are supposed to be friends. That should have been the first step.

From what I've read he's getting a percentage of tours and other side ventures Future is doing as well. 360 aka fuck nigga contract.

A 360 deal has been around since my momma was born (not putting her age out there but my baby is over the hill lol)
You really mean this nigga didn't have enough sense to read the contract before signing?
especially after the wave of backlash from artist since the 60s from these kinds of deals?
or contracts period?
record labels have been screwing over artist since Jesus walked on water!!! lol
you would think artist would proceed with caution.

also a multi-rights deal does have its limitations but they aren't all bad.
a lot of times they are more necessary than evil.

anyways...Rocko and future are scandalous as hell for this.
just scandalous lol
just raunchy

so to rectify the problem he went and signed the same type of deal with Epic too?

sunting aint adding up bruh bruh

So if that's the case, I am not sure if dude is still sign to Epic or met his album obligations, if not, that means not only Rocko will eat off the albums, Epic will eat also.

Now you have multiple hands in your pockets when a 10-15 min sit-down with Rocko could have avoided all of that.

So if that's the case, I am not sure if dude is still sign to Epic or met his album obligations, if not, that means not only Rocko will eat off the albums, Epic will eat also.

Now you have multiple hands in your pockets when a 10-15 min sit-down with Rocko could have avoided all of that.

A lot of times shit like this happens when you have one fuck nigga in your inner circle that inflates your ego and makes you think your nuts bigger than what they are....

lmaoo I don't think yall know what really went down.

Future didn't sign a 360 deal with epic. He did a joint venture deal (similar to what rocafella did with def jam) , which allowed his indie label "freebandz ent" get similar benefits as a major label would. 2 completely different type of deals.

So if they were homies, you would think he would allow his boy to go and create his own label, while still being an artist on his label. Kinda like Drake creating OVO while still being a YM artist.

Future didn't sign a 360 deal with epic. He did a joint venture deal (similar to what rocafella did with def jam) , which allowed his indie label "freebandz ent" get similar benefits as a major label would. 2 completely different type of deals.

So if they were homies, you would think he would allow his boy to go and create his own label, while still being an artist on his label. Kinda like Drake creating OVO while still being a YM artist.

Ok I see.

So really in a nutshell Future has two deals. One as an artist with Rocko and one for his label with Epic?

and the deal with epic allows him to release projects under the Freebandz label without any royalties going to Rocko?

I mean,

I get it, but at the same time, if I'm fronting the money up to put you out there and spending studio money etc, as a CEO, the man whose putting the money up, I am looking for a return on my investment, I gotta see something bounce back. The player could never be bigger than the owner?

Future (to me) just trying to get all what's due to him because he's putting in the work and he's hot, which is understandable but shit, you can't forget who started you off either and what you signed off on. That's my whole somewhat issue with the situation.

RIGHT!.
People tend to forget that rap/hip hop is a very poor artistry which is why artist seek out other endeavors. (movies, clothing lines, liqour, etc)

360 deals allow labels to develop their artist over a longer period of time
If you are just starting out, you're going to need a strong financial backing, you are going to need a supportive team
that's why these deals are set in place
The label pours a lot of money into you and in return they want a positive ROI. (I dont blame them)
Yes, they take a big cut but that's to make sure they are getting a good return on their investment.

360 deals gives you more opportunities and increases exposure
....because at the end of the day its about exposure.

I still think artist should take the independent route but that's easier said than done.

Last edited:

I mean none of us know what really went down.
What I do know is Future makes poor business decisions.

Not blaming just stating the obvious.

I guess thats one way to get out of a "bad"deal

but did Future think that Rocko was just gonna let that shit ride tho lol...he had to know this was gonna happen eventually

so why not just restructure or even better offer a lump sum buyout...or even have Epic buyout his deal with Rocko...

I just feel like it coulda been handled better.

That's what I wonder why Epic just didn't give Rocko some Ms and bring over Future as an artist.

On the BC interview Rocko had, he did state Epic gave him some Ms or something, I may be wrong, but Rocko may have been eating off Future while he was over there with his own label IDK

Back