Fun, Smashes, Biases, Inequalities & Dating Economy in Dating Apps

JohnSmithCAN

Aug 10, 2020
Apparently, the likes of Tinder and Bumble charges between 40 and 60 dollars a month at any Premium male member who appears facially average looking or downright unappealing. This paywall is applied as well against Premium male members aged of 30 years and older-- the severity of such paywall depending upon the member's physical attractiveness, or lack thereof.

I never heard about this before. I sometimes used to pay 9 bucks a month on Tinder, or 5 a month on Bumble just for the fun to increase my matching rate or otherwise, that was a mere 2-3 matchs min. (5-6 max.) a month for not being in top shape and being unfamiliar with how to made a classy profile at these times (and also because most every sista who uses these apps at Montreal are pretty vocal about how they hates/distrust black men, let alone men) .

That's crazy.

Oh blimey! I gathered a small heap of information regarding Tinder, so I think I'm gonna change the title of the thread to extend its topic to programmed biases, issues and dating economy in dating apps.

:really?:

So anytime I was subscribing back on Tinder, I had a initially greatly smaller then later fairly smaller entrance in liking rate (around 8-15 the first day in '14-16, then 12-20 around '18) at Montreal than "Joe" (assumed to be some anonymous booked model, and of course white) had in Boston (25 likes) , struggled for the early days to get a match who suits his picky standards like I did, then just thereafter he got 55 matches from seven other big cities (each with different pop. density, language, etcetera) for what, let's say perhaps just 50% or less of the number of hidden likes he get (110 likes) a week , which can be assumed he would get an average 7 matches a week for 14 hidden likes.

https://www.swipehelper.com/2020/03...any-likes-do-equally-attractive-profiles-get/

I got around 12-20 hidden likes a week, but make within a month a number of matches alike to what he does within a week. Almost the same starting dash and maintenance running speed for about two-three days onward then the shit shut down drastically...

... something is wrong about their algorithms. I would have logically made about 6-10 matches a week all ethnic backgrounds included (24-40 a month)-- even with a much smaller income and scarsier black female pop. being interested into brothers, not 2-3 (5-6 max.) a month. Even while being pickier by ignoring the bottom average 6,9/10 to 7.4/10s (dating roof) too and focusing on the lower 7.5-to-8.2/10s and scarsier above, it still make about what? 20-30% of the likes, depending the week-- or about 2-3 matches a week (8-12 matches a month) not a month-- which, for a population of 4 million people across a pluri-city metropolitan region, if we assume that only 20% of women around are 7.5/10s + (400,000 unicorns and wannabes) , it's a pretty good score: matter-of-factly, it would be an even FAR greater score than the number of women who hit on me or the contrary on an yearly basis - which is around an average 6-10 a year, female clients excluded (otherwise 18-20 a year) - instead of around a slightly greater 20 matches a year by some complex equation I just tinkered about (not just additions) , when logically I would rather do around 15 times the same score within a year (300 matches a year) . People are less inhibitated and more oriented into smashing on dating apps: I don't have to dumb down, measure my words or stay aloof the same way while filtring outdoors than I do online. You know when a woman is just super-entitled AF on Tinder: a mere "hi, how about you?" and a short-termed selling of the casual pleasantries are the ultimate deal breaker of whether she's an entitled bitch who are going to ghost you for not starting up with a "we smash when?" this way or not entitled enough.

Yea, their algorithms are fucked up. They're cutting the lawn on my feet.

:hahaha:

I had no idea you had to pay for apps :lookatthisshit:Granted it's been a long time since I was on a dating site

Reactions: deadeye
my sis tried suggesting i get tinder but i shot the notion down pretty quick. as one of those niggas who goes from ugly to good looking in an instant just from stepping in one lighting to another, i can't say im confident enough to use dating apps that are so inherently fixated on appearance.
who wants to be one of those "but he don't look like his pics" type cases? not me.

that, and ppl can write a good game about themselves and be something else entirely. the whole process is ripe for deception... real life can be too, but real life isn't covered in filtered, shopped, digitally concocted artifice.

Reactions: JohnSmithCAN