Welcome To aBlackWeb

Friday Night Smackdown Thread - 6/28

Yeah that Kofi shit left a real bad taste in mine. We all knew Kofi's run was gone end sooner or later but to do it in the fashion it was done in not good.

I'm a keep watching just to see if they are going to stick with the brand extension and not bullshit with it like they did after WrestleMania.

Word is everything is set in stone this time after the draft and there wont be any crossing over/no wild card bullshit.

Im just curious to see how they handle the draft this year. Will it be different since they going for more of a sports feel? or just the same ole shit

With all that money Fox and USA paying, they most likely gonna have a strict brand extension. Right?

Yup and I think FOX is gone make them stick to that shit to. I know most of RAW's mid-card & main event stars is probably going to get raided. Just like RAW used to do to Smackdown in every draft.

I can see New Day being drafted to RAW though if FOX is looking for a realistic serious sports approach to SD though.

Kofi gotta win the Royal rumble

He gotta win something bruh. I think they gonna feel the backlash from this one. I honestly feel like FOX had a lot to do with that call and Vince being Vince went with it because he don't wanna piss them off and he was probably not expecting there to be much of a backlash cause hes old and stupid

Word is everything is set in stone this time after the draft and there wont be any crossing over/no wild card bullshit.

Im just curious to see how they handle the draft this year. Will it be different since they going for more of a sports feel? or just the same ole shit

To tell the truth, I don't know b/c it's Vince and even though Heyman/Bischoff has been hired as creative executives there is no telling how much interference Vince or FOX might run. You seen before SD went to FOX Vince was re-writing shows hours before SD was supposed to start (some WCW shit).

As a fan, just a wait & see approach...

He gotta win something bruh. I think they gonna feel the backlash from this one. I honestly feel like FOX had a lot to do with that call and Vince being Vince went with it because he don't wanna piss them off and he was probably not expecting there to be much of a backlash cause hes old and stupid

I got a strange feeling that this FOX/WWE deal ain't gone work in the long run and Smackdown is going to end right back up at USA w/NXT going back to the WWE network.

the crowd was hot for the Brock win. It got plenty heat as folks were legitimately pissed off. Then it tempered when Rey’s music hit because it was predictable after Monday. Then when Cain came out there was silence and confusion because maybe only 30% of the crowd knew who it was. And that lot only figured it out after he took his shirt off and saw the brown pride tat.

Without the luxury of commentary everyone was largely lost. Underwhelming ending to a decent show inside the building. folks damn near rioted afterwards because there was only one 3 minute dark match before the show and no 205 or dark matches after the show.

the crowd was hot for the Brock win. It got plenty heat as folks were legitimately pissed off. Then it tempered when Rey’s music hit because it was predictable after Monday. Then when Cain came out there was silence and confusion because maybe only 30% of the crowd knew who it was. And that lot only figured it out after he took his shirt off and saw the brown pride tat.

Without the luxury of commentary everyone was largely lost. Underwhelming ending to a decent show inside the building. folks damn near rioted afterwards because there was only one 3 minute dark match before the show and no 205 or dark matches after the show.

I had one live show experience and it do be confusing as shit when you cant hear the commentary. I wish they'd somehow fix that to make the experience better.

Yeah honestly...I was expecting a lot more just like the crowd. The hype was better than the actual show. Yeah...imo AEW won this week. Didn't catch NXT, so I can't say how it was.

Haha @ Kofi. Top 5 most boring reigns IMO.
tenor (20).gif

I enjoyed the Cain debut, buddy is nice asf in the ring for somebody who just started and his size hitting hurricaranas and shit. This should be interesting to play out.

Last edited:
Yeah honestly...I was expecting a lot more just like the crowd. The hype was better than the actual show. Yeah...imo AEW won this week. Didn't catch NXT, so I can't say how it was.

they hit it out the park n despite not having a higher rating I feel like they beat RAW, AEW and SD. If you can find it check it out

Wow, the crowd was dead for Cain... I thought more would know who he was. That’s unfortunate cuz the roof should’ve blew off...

Kofi losing off the bat to an F5 was beyond wrong.. smh.. can’t believe that. And I def don’t expect Cain to win the title.. they can’t recreate their mma match, Cain legit beat that fool and now in WWE Brock will get the win... makes it a joke... of course Fox would want Brock as champ, damn..

I purposely missed this show cuz I figured there would be too many damn stupid nostalgic segments... & they were gonna shit on Kofi. I think I’m done with WWE for a while. I’m fuckin with AEW. Lemme know when Taker ready to wrestle again.

BTW.. I never liked Kofi as champ. Not believable at all. He had to be on some black Shawn Michaels shit to pull that off & he ain’t that.

Back