Welcome To aBlackWeb

Friday Night Smackdown Thread - 6/21

Drew McIntyre won the Rumble match this year and is challenging Lesnar for the WWE Title.

Because a few prior there was a leaked advertisement of a Smackdown Elimination Chamber match with Reigns/Strowman/Corbin/ and a few other guys being made as a #1 contenders match. I don't know how much wrestling you watch on a weekly basis, but if they would have done that match it probably would have gotten shitted on for being very predictable in having Reigns win it. So it's smart to throw out the match altogether and use a different match for the SD EC match.
Ya don't say lol.

How about Roman Reigns be given a bye into the Elimination Chamber match since he was the last man eliminated in the rumble while other people have qualifying matches to get in?

I was not aware that Roman reigns had booking power and can give himself the #1 contender spot without having a match to earn it.

Last edited:
Ya don't say lol.

How about Roman Reigns be given a bye into the Elimination Chamber match since he was the last man eliminated in the rumble while other people have qualifying matches to get in?

I was not aware that Roman reigns had booking power and can give himself the #1 contender spot without having a match to earn it.

Despite that i’d prefer him to win some type of #1 contenders match, it’s not like we’ve never seen this before in the history of wrestling

he challenged the champion, the champion accepted

it’s lazy as fuck, but not uncommon

So let me get this right. Goldberg return, The Fiend drops the belt to him in quick fashion. Then Fiend challenges Cena at Wrestlemania without even asking for a rematch with Goldberg, first? Terrible terrible booking

the Fiend basically playing up to the fact that he doesn't need the title like many folks were already saying before he got it. It still sucks that they put him in that situation by having him win it. They should of just kept rolling after he didn't get it at Hell in a Cell but they were too busy trying to please people. Now hes stuck w/ his first L right before the biggest show of the year.

I aint even gonna say that he'll beat Cena at mania cause these motherfuckers be trippin but the way Cena cut that promo talking about the future, i hope that means hes gonna put the Fiend over. The last match they had at mania Bray lost and so far hes gone back and beat everybody who beat him. So I guess we'll see

Ya don't say lol.

Well I wouldn't had to explain nothing if you didn't say the dumb shit you said in that recent post smarty-pants.

That loss to Cena at mania 30 was devastating because bray didn’t come back from that. Cena didn’t need the win at that moment. Bray better beat Cena this time

That'll bring his story back full circle just about.

the only other person I think he might of had a meaningful loss to outside of Cena is Orton but hes on RAW for now.

Maybe they end up on the same show after a post mania shake up and run that one back too

So let me get this right. Goldberg return, The Fiend drops the belt to him in quick fashion. Then Fiend challenges Cena at Wrestlemania without even asking for a rematch with Goldberg, first? Terrible terrible booking

Yeah the booking is terrible but in Vince's eyes he's still living that late 90's - mid 00's era booking aging stars like it's the Monday night war era.

I aint even gonna say that he'll beat Cena at mania cause these motherfuckers be trippin but the way Cena cut that promo talking about the future, i hope that means hes gonna put the Fiend over. The last match they had at mania Bray lost and so far hes gone back and beat everybody who beat him. So I guess we'll see

Judging by what he said in his promo about pretty much putting the next generation of wrestlers over...I think he's gonna lose to Bray.

Well I wouldn't had to explain nothing if you didn't say the dumb shit you said in that recent post smarty-pants.
reigns did not win the rumble, didn't win a #1 contender's match...yet somehow he is in one of the main events of wrestlemania? Questioning that is dumb? Questioning how that devalues winning the rumble is dumb?

I did not use vulgarities with you nor call you out of your name. I showed you that respect, so I ask you do the same.

Please explain how this doesn't devalue winning the rumble when someone can NOT win the rumble, can NOT win a #1 contender's match, yet still goes to the main event of mania? How does that make logical sense?

Despite that i’d prefer him to win some type of #1 contenders match, it’s not like we’ve never seen this before in the history of wrestling

he challenged the champion, the champion accepted

it’s lazy as fuck, but not uncommon
I know, it just lacks logic. Typical WWE booking.

reigns did not win the rumble, didn't win a #1 contender's match...yet somehow he is in one of the main events of wrestlemania? Questioning that is dumb? Questioning how that devalues winning the rumble is dumb?

I did not use vulgarities with you nor call you out of your name. I showed you that respect, so I ask you do the same.

Please explain how this doesn't devalue winning the rumble when someone can NOT win the rumble, can NOT win a #1 contender's match, yet still goes to the main event of mania? How does that make logical sense?

Hes not the main event

i know you gonna run with that "Hes one of the main events" shit but if hes not closing the show he is not THE main event. Brock and McIntyre are.

like somebody said earlier, this shit happens all the time

and on top of that after the Saudi show Reigns did an interview about how he just wants his title back because he was never beaten for it. Which he wasn't.

Goldberg came out on Smackdown and asked who was next? aka who wants to face me

Roman came out and accepted the challenge. What more needs to be said?

Also theres still time between now and Mania so how do we know he doesn't have to go through somebody else first for sure?

Hes not the main event

i know you gonna run with that "Hes one of the main events" shit but if hes not closing the show he is not THE main event. Brock and McIntyre are.

like somebody said earlier, this shit happens all the time

and on top of that after the Saudi show Reigns did an interview about how he just wants his title back because he was never beaten for it. Which he wasn't.

Goldberg came out on Smackdown and asked who was next? aka who wants to face me

Roman came out and accepted the challenge. What more needs to be said?

Also theres still time between now and Mania so how do we know he doesn't have to go through somebody else first for sure?
Co-main events at Mania

We acknowledge WWE's illogical booking

If that's the case Edge needs his rematch for the title because he was never beaten for it.

Even Shayna Baszler gotta go into the chamber to get her shot because...she DIDN'T WIN THE RUMBLE lol

So once again how does this not devalue the rumble when someone who didn't win and didn't win a #1 contender's match can just get a title shot at Mania just because he came out to say "I'm next?". Who did Roman beat to get booking powers like that? What if Heath Slater came out and said "I'm next"? I mean he came out and accepted the challenge right?

Even if something happens to where he has to defend his title shot...what did he do to get the title shot in the first place? It's trash wwe booking their agenda onto the fans. Bray got sold out for a dollar.

Co-main events at Mania

We acknowledge WWE's illogical booking

If that's the case Edge needs his rematch for the title because he was never beaten for it.

Even Shayna Baszler gotta go into the chamber to get her shot because...she DIDN'T WIN THE RUMBLE lol

So once again how does this not devalue the rumble when someone who didn't win and didn't win a #1 contender's match can just get a title shot at Mania just because he came out to say "I'm next?". Who did Roman beat to get booking powers like that? What if Heath Slater came out and said "I'm next"? I mean he came out and accepted the challenge right?

Even if something happens to where he has to defend his title shot...what did he do to get the title shot in the first place? It's trash wwe booking their agenda onto the fans. Bray got sold out for a dollar.

The winner of the RR has always had a choice to decide which title they wanna go after. So if they chose to go after the Raw title, then the EC was set up to decide a #1 contender for the SD title. And vice versa.

What's throwing everyone off is SSD and Golsberg winning the title there. That threw a monkey wrench on how it use to be. Then add not having an EC for the SD men's division...you get what we got Friday nite.

Let's say SSD never happens, or Fiend retains the belt. Cool. They would had to have an EC for SD to decide who would face Fiend at WM right? Only problem wit that...which someone mention earlier...Reigns winning anyway.

Imo...SSD throws everything off. They should never schedule it b/t RR and WM. It fuccs up the process.

The winner of the RR has always had a choice to decide which title they wanna go after. So if they chose to go after the Raw title, then the EC was set up to decide a #1 contender for the SD title. And vice versa.

What's throwing everyone off is SSD and Golsberg winning the title there. That threw a monkey wrench on how it use to be. Then add not having an EC for the SD men's division...you get what we got Friday nite.

Let's say SSD never happens, or Fiend retains the belt. Cool. They would had to have an EC for SD to decide who would face Fiend at WM right? Only problem wit that...which someone mention earlier...Reigns winning anyway.

Imo...SSD throws everything off. They should never schedule it b/t RR and WM. It fuccs up the process.
Or just use SSD as a glorified house show but something tells me the Saudis asked for a major title change on their event and WWE buckled due to blood money hunger. That's why I think it leaked Mania plans were going to change the other week when they realized what the Saudis wanted.

Or just use SSD as a glorified house show but something tells me the Saudis asked for a major title change on their event and WWE buckled due to blood money hunger. That's why I think it leaked Mania plans were going to change the other week when they realized what the Saudis wanted.

this is what it should be.

I mean it basically already is but it still ends up fucking up the real storylines cause they always go over there and feel like they gotta give them a title change. I did read bout how the saudi prince does get a say on what he wants at the shows, so maybe he did ask for a title change. You know that Vince would probably give bend over backwards for dude too just to keep that money flowing

Hell...I thought SSD was suppose to be a glorified house show? At least that's what it started out as. Saudi prince was requesting for matches that had HHH, Taker, DX vs Taker/Kane etc. Remember the Saudi prince requested a wrestler (I forgot which one) to be on the show, but the wrestler passed a few years ago? Lol.

Hell...I thought SSD was suppose to be a glorified house show? At least that's what it started out as. Saudi prince was requesting for matches that had HHH, Taker, DX vs Taker/Kane etc. Remember the Saudi prince requested a wrestler (I forgot which one) to be on the show, but the wrestler passed a few years ago? Lol.
Yokozuna

Back