Welcome To aBlackWeb

Fragrance thread

whats the difference?
Short version: they're both the more mature versions of the scent

More details: they're both deeper, warmer, and darker with a spicier vibe. Where the EDT is basically versatile and for mostly all occasions, the Parfum and Elixir are more suited for close, intimate, or formal occasions. They're more sophisticated and refined versions of the Sauvage DNA

Simple review: I don't see frat brah wearing the Parfum or the elixir. The EDT on the other hand...

whats the difference?

What he said, but in regards to the basics:

A lot of colognes have flankers . You can think of them like sequels to a movie. Most flankers have a similar smell to the original, just a few tweaks, some smell completely different.

So you’ll have something like Armani Code (the original), then Armani Code Profumo, Armani Code Absolu , etc.

Last edited:
What he said, but in regards to the basics:

A lot of colognes have flankers . You can think of them like sequels to a movie. Most flankers have a similar smell to the original, just a few tweaks, some smell completely different.

So you’ll have something like Armani Code (the original), then Armani Code Profumo, Armani Code Absolu , etc.

gotdamn I thought I just learned the difference between Parfum, Eau de Parfum, Eau de Toilette and Eau de Cologne

now you tellin me theres a whole nother set of names n shit! lol this fragrance shit seems like alot but its interesting.

I guess every brand got their own name for the different levels?

gotdamn I thought I just learned the difference between Parfum, Eau de Parfum, Eau de Toilette and Eau de Cologne

now you tellin me theres a whole nother set of names n shit! lol this fragrance shit seems like alot but its interesting.

I guess every brand got their own name for the different levels?

EDT,Edp and Parfum are concentrations in regards to the percentage of oil vs alcohol.

EDT has the least oil, then edp then Parfum. It doesn’t always mean Parfums are the strongest but most of the time it is.

As far as names, a lot of companies use edt, edp, etc to differentiate the flankers, but some use other names like Profumo, elixir, etc.

A lot of the time the shit is cash grabs like sequels, but sometimes the flankers are better than the original.

I normally don't layer my shit, but Tobacolor and Angels' Share.....

YawningDishonestAlpaca-size_restricted.gif

IMG_20230324_204108667.jpg

I went back to Sephora for a full bottle of apple brandy and they don't have any in store 😒 so I had to order online. Being the thirsty fragrance crackhead that I am though, I brought the travel spray. Also got the newest kayali release to try....not the scent I expected it to be. This scent by Phlur smelled great on paper, something very feminine and soft.

I just copped Mancera Sicily and Aoud Lemon Mint a few days ago

Sicily is possibly the best citrus scent I've experienced

Aoud Lemon Mint is ok, it gotta grow on me. I'll give it a few more wearings before I decide if I'll get rid of it or not

How often do they have these sales? I'm tempted to re-up on the Paco Rabanne 1 Million.

The Mancera Cedrat Boise looks interesting, too. Anyone ever try it?

I normally see something like this on different sites once every couple weeks.

I've never tried Cedrat Boise. It gets compared to Aventus alot. I already got Aventus and Hacivat, never been eager to try Cedrat Boise, but it gets alot of love from people.

How often do they have these sales? I'm tempted to re-up on the Paco Rabanne 1 Million.

The Mancera Cedrat Boise looks interesting, too. Anyone ever try it?

It’s an aventus-inspired fragrance so if you have something that fills that niche already, skip it.

Just circled the block on Apple Brandy on The Rocks and Angel’s Share; ABOTR dries down very similar to the OG Apple Brandy. Angel’s share dries down like a boozy BR540 to me.

Back