Welcome To aBlackWeb

Fragrance thread

@Tayboo

Have you smelled Can’t Stop Loving You by Kilian?

They also got a new flanker for Love Don’t Be Shy (Amber & Oud Special)

I haven't smelled this one yet, but this sounds right up my alley.

Since y'all told me about where oud comes from I can't get around that so I side eye all oud now lol. Also just found out that musk is originally from a gland in a deer.

Since y'all told me about where oud comes from I can't get around that so I side eye all oud now lol. Also just found out that musk is originally from a gland in a deer.
Yeah, A lot of fragrance ingredients came from natural sources, deer musk, civet, fecal smell, etc. Now a lot of it is synthetic as to be more humane.

Yeah, A lot of fragrance ingredients came from natural sources, deer musk, civet, fecal smell, etc. Now a lot of it is synthetic as to be more humane.
I knew about ambergris, but straight up fecal smell? What?!!

I wonder if there is a site that breaks each cologne down.

I knew about ambergris, but straight up fecal smell? What?!!

I wonder if there is a site that breaks each cologne down.
Yeah, but its not like they want it to smell straight up fecal. It's when the individual smells it and what it breaks down to that we can relate it to. To some people some of the fragrances or compounds in the fragrance smell fecal, to others it may smell "earthy" depends on you mostly.

Like for example. Some people may have bad feet odor that smells like parmesan cheese, but we sometimes associate parmesan cheese with smelling like feet, which one do we usually eat? (not kink shaming tho) A lot of things smell like something else or we may associate a smell of something with something else. It usually depends on the person and how they break down the notes. Musky notes are something that many do like but the origins of them people do not know about. When used in the right amounts they can become a wonderful addition to a fragrance. Do some research on the links between fecal or "earthy" smells in fragrances. It's a ride.

Yeah, but its not like they want it to smell straight up fecal. It's when the individual smells it and what it breaks down to that we can relate it to. To some people some of the fragrances or compounds in the fragrance smell fecal, to others it may smell "earthy" depends on you mostly.

Like for example. Some people may have bad feet odor that smells like parmesan cheese, but we sometimes associate parmesan cheese with smelling like feet, which one do we usually eat? (not kink shaming tho) A lot of things smell like something else or we may associate a smell of something with something else. It usually depends on the person and how they break down the notes. Musky notes are something that many do like but the origins of them people do not know about. When used in the right amounts they can become a wonderful addition to a fragrance. Do some research on the links between fecal or "earthy" smells in fragrances. It's a ride.

you said it best.

But like I said earlier, some of those real ouds do smell like butt.

I like the energy the “versus” has brought to the community. Bringing back YouTubers who haven’t posted in a min to battle.

There’s a niche perfume spot near me. I’m going to see if they have it. I just wanna smell it, word to Swiper.

Report back with thoughts....

I checked the stores website and they didn’t have any Kilian so I went to Sephora. They had a display case for Can’t Stop Loving You but didn’t have the actual fragrance. I saw that they had Angel’s Share so I got to smell that for the first time and it has a similar boozy feel to Apple Brandy. Now I saw they had Apple Brandy On The Rocks so I smelled that too and man it smells wayyyyy different than the OG Apple Brandy in the opening but when it dries down, it’s more like it.

I like the energy the “versus” has brought to the community. Bringing back YouTubers who haven’t posted in a min to battle.

I like this concept too. One I love seeing black men speak on something that they have a true passion for. Plus it's more creative then just doing a simple top 10 fragrances for whatever occasion.

Back