Welcome To aBlackWeb

Fragrance thread

I got a couple new bottles here recently. But here’s my latest acquisition.

this shit smells exactly how it’s named and I dunno if I’ve ever smelt a more photorealistic fragrance.

If I could compare it to anything, it would be Tom Ford Plum Japonais. It doesn’t smell like that but has that level of incense depth.

Props on the Killian jawns, you good sir are a true connoisseur. For the longest I had never known of anyone outside of myself and my niggas who fucked with it. Killian Black Phantom is my shit.

I have black phantom too

I’ve heard nothing but good things about this.

some say it’s inspired by aventus. Is it really like that?
It's not inspired, it's one of the most known in a line of straight up Aventus clones ala Pineapple Vintage, Armaf club de nuit, mont blanc explorer, English Laundry, bond no. 9, L'aventure, and Vibrant Leather.

Last edited:
Also Creed is not a true niche because it's not family owned anymore. A big corporation bought them out last year so you may start seeing them in more designer stores such as Macy's, Sephora, etc. for a cheaper price and there may actually start to be batch consistency. Plus Creed is overrated. The juice has been watered down and they doing stuff like making the bottles smaller and charging the same or more as before. Look at them old bottles of creed with the flat edges and now the bottles with the curved.

Aventus been played out to me but if you gotta have it, but don't want to get any of the cheap clones either go on reddit or join one of the Aventus groups on facebook. You can get full bottles of current batches for around 180 plus they do giveaways for 30ml and up decants.

It's not inspired, it's one of the most known in a line of straight up Aventus clones ala Pineapple Vintage, Armaf club de nuit, mont blanc explorer, English Laundry, L'aventure, and Vibrant Leather.
I didn't know it was a clone but it doesn't smell like aventus to me. It on has a that citrus smell but it has a different smell to it. I have aventus and pineapple vintage intense . You can definitely that PVI is a clone of aventus

Also Creed is not a true niche because it's not family owned anymore. A big corporation bought them out last year so you may start seeing them in more designer stores such as Macy's, Sephora, etc. for a cheaper price and there may actually start to be batch consistency. Plus Creed is overrated. The juice has been watered down and they doing stuff like making the bottles smaller and charging the same or more as before. Look at them old bottles of creed with the flat edges and now the bottles with the curved.

Aventus been played out to me but if you gotta have it, but don't want to get any of the cheap clones either go on reddit or join one of the Aventus groups on facebook. You can get full bottles of current batches for around 180 plus they do giveaways for 30ml and up decants.
Aventus isn't overrated at all I strongly disagree. I have 5 different batches of creed and I don't see how you're saying it's overrated. I just had a chick at my house last night said aventus was the best. I got 25 bottles of clone all different kinds and I'm going to try some more. I want to see what comes close to aventus because I haven't smelled any.

I fuck bitches off of aventus that shit is a panty dropper

I didn't know it was a clone but it doesn't smell like aventus to me. It on has a that citrus smell but it has a different smell to it. I have aventus and pineapple vintage intense . You can definitely that PVI is a clone of aventus
It's not a 1 to 1 clone because mancera don't have the same access to the ingredients and notes Creed does, but if you looking for the same scent profile, same vibe then Cedrat boise is definitely going after the Aventus profile.

Aventus isn't overrated at all I strongly disagree. I have 5 different batches of creed and I don't see how you're saying it's overrated. I just had a chick at my house last night said aventus was the best. I got 25 bottles of clone all different kinds and I'm going to try some more. I want to see what comes close to aventus because I haven't smelled any.

I fuck bitches off of aventus that shit is a panty dropper

That's your opinion, but most in the fragcomm will tell you that Creed is becoming overrated and there are smaller houses and even some designer houses that are doing it just as well if not better than them.

I did not say it was bad, just said that the house is overrated and the fact that Aventus became everyone's "My first niche fragrance" and all the clones that have tried to capture that wave shows how played out it has become imo ala Dior Sauvage. Of course people who aren't really as deep into fragrances will love it. It's different than most fragrances out there that people who only shop at Ulta or Macy's will ever really experience.

Creed has watered down the juice in their fragrances so they don't last as long, and they have shaved the bottles down and charging more or less than they were before. Aventus is still king, but it's definitely not as good as it once was.

And you can have relations off of plenty of other Fragrances my friend lol

Last edited:
That's your opinion, but most in the fragcomm will tell you that Creed is becoming overrated and there are smaller houses and even some designer houses that are doing it just as well if not better than them.

I did not say it was bad, just said that the house is overrated and the fact that Aventus became everyone's "My first niche fragrance" and all the clones that have tried to capture that wave shows how played out it has become imo ala Dior Sauvage. Of course people who aren't really as deep into fragrances will love it. It's different than most fragrances out there that people who only shop at Ulta or Macy's will ever really experience.

Creed has watered down the juice in their fragrances so they don't last as long, and they have shaved the bottles down and charging more or less than they were before. Aventus is still king, but it's definitely not as good as it once was.
Well, I'm not in a disagreement with them watering aventus down. They're batches have become inconsistent in preforming .

18k11 is my best performance in aventus and my 19u01 is the weakest. I have 16c01 and 16k11 and I'm getting average performance from them.

I smelled my 18k11 a couple of days ago and I got nose fatigue fast its really strong.

Well, I'm not in a disagreement with them watering aventus down. They're batches have become inconsistent in preforming .

18k11 is my best performance in aventus and my 19u01 is the weakest. I have 16c01 and 16k11 and I'm getting average performance from them.

I smelled my 18k11 a couple of days ago and I got nose fatigue fast its really strong.
They've always had batch issues just because they use natural ingredients. It just hasn't really been emphasized until now due to the internet and them doing stuff like shaving the bottles down and increasing the prices. That's the one thing being owned by a big corp can probably help them with. Only thing is they probably won't be using as many natrual ingredients as before. It might become synthetic

I'm not really feeling that chanel de bleu and I don't see why it's hyped like it is
When are you wearing it? Even though it's a blue fragrance and is versatile Bleu de Chanel parfum is a deeper and darker scent that may be more suited for the nighttime and in cooler weather.

niche ain’t defined by who owns it. It’s defined by what the house does.

you are right tho, the House of Creed was bought by an investment firm. It will still do what Creed does....which is just make fragrance and soaps and shit like that.

I’m not disagreeing with anything else you said tho.

Back