Welcome To aBlackWeb

Former 'Grey's Anatomy' Actor Isaiah Washington Comes Out as a Trump Supporter

Former Grey's Anatomy actor Isaiah Washington, who was fired from the show for using a homophobic slur, told Fox Nation's Nuff Said why he feels some in Hollywood are afraid to "come out" as conservative and his reason for leaving the Democratic party.

"You got a lot of conservative or centric libertarian-minded people that really care about other people but they are terrified to come out of the closet and say anything that's not in line with the Democratic party," Washington told Nuff Saidhost Tyrus.

Washington explained why he supports the #WalkAway movement, an online campaign encouraging people who feel left behind by the Democratic party to seek other alternatives, like the Republican party. Washington says Democrats are "not doing enough" for the black community. He highlighted Trump's support for the First Step Act, a bill which would reduce a prisoner's sentence for good behavior and assist them to assimilate with society upon their release, as one of his reasons for switching.

"I'm going to support the policy over the person," he told Nuff Said.

Washington made clear why he left the Democratic party in April with a tweet, where he indicated his lack of acknowledgment for his civic work from the Obama administration was why he felt left behind by the Democrats.

The type of individual Harriet Tubman wouldn’t be able to convince that the current racist and unjust political system should be escaped from.

I could have saved thousands – if only I’d been able to convince them they were slaves.’” —Harriett Tubman

Last edited:
i saw this on my TL last night just before i went to sleep

dude done lost his damn mind

Isaiah seemed like good peoples from what I saw, I won't bash him but I do disagree. Though it's understandable that the benign neglect democrats have towards black issues leaves a window for their opposition to win over disgruntled black voters. All they have to do is offer what democrats won't.

For example, if Trump were to guarantee reparations on ADOS terms, it would definitely shake things up around here.

Lmaooooo why her?

thats just who i heard in that last sentence.....she said black with 2 capitol L's

source.gif

"bLLack ass"

Meh

It rings insincere imo

Seems like dude just knows Trump responds to flattery and he values the objective over his own image

But maybe I’m too optimistic, but I think people are realizing how easy it is to manipulate 45

He might even get Trump to support reparations for 20 mins until Stephen Miller gets to him

Mental Illness to back a person that puts KKK members/admires in positions of power

I'm not surprised he is a supporter of the president. I've seen some of his Twitter post before his comment and a lot of his comments mirror the talking points. Even some of the people he follows or follows him is interesting to say the least.

The funny thing and why I commented is because of him talking slick to Matt Barnes. He picked the wrong guy to do that to because Matt will come see him, for real. He better ask Derrick Fisher about Matt Barnes. Lmao

The type of individual Harriet Tubman wouldn’t be able to convince that the current racist and unjust political system should be escaped from.

I could have saved thousands – if only I’d been able to convince them they were slaves.’” —Harriett Tubman
This not a real quote tho

Back