Welcome To aBlackWeb

For any of y'all who grew up poor...

Duwop

I'm the 3rd little piggy, imma fuck wit dem bricks
Mod Squad
You ever look at your parents like

"Wtf was you thinking bringing a child into this situation?"

I mean we as a society can be hard sometimes on ain't shit parents who try to raise kids all half assedly....

And when you really think about it.... Some of us came from parents in situations that weren't ideal for kids...

I mean mom's always had enough, but we wasn't living glorious. But I had friend had roaches. Slept 4 to a bed. Holes in the floors n ceilings. Having to move every few weeks.

I always wonder as adults in their 20's and 30's have they ever really leaned on their parents about that shit the way they would lean on a person today who's bringing up kids in a similar fashion.

I ain’t grow up this way but I believe when they get older they probably talk to their parents about it or fall into that same cycle.

Used to share house with my aunty and a few cousins when I was young, dad had money but dropped off when my little bro was born never gave mum no care etc.

Whilst it was a struggle not having your own things/privacy etc it got better as the years went on.

Don’t blame my mother for nothing she done the best with what she had, diamond in my eyes.

Also helped with bonding of the family growing up so close.

I grew up poor.

Ate govt cheese, pb, juice, canned beef & pork. Clothes & toys from thrift store. Shoes from target.

But my mom was going to community college when i was in elementary and by time i got to middle school she began a career.

So middle and HS my fam went from poor to middle class. By that time i already had my own job and was buyin my own shit tho

I was gonna say that too. A lot of the kids probably saw their mom or whoever work hard as hell and worked their way out of it.

I grew up poor.

Ate govt cheese, pb, juice, canned beef & pork. Clothes & toys from thrift store. Shoes from target.

But my mom was going to community college when i was in elementary and by time i got to middle school she began a career.

So middle and HS my fam went from poor to middle class. By that time i already had my own job and was buyin my own shit tho
That's inspirational af

Like especially considering how hard some Niggaz go in on single moms who currently caught up in the struggle...

Like that wasnt y'all 20 years ago

nah.....
that would be crossing a line.
who am i to tell someone they are unfit to parent?

i can only image the situation they grew up in ....so the life they provided for me was better than what they had.....but now that im an adult....things are better and i can look back and say i grew up in a crazy situation....but to them it was better than what and where they came from.

so nah...i wont dare allow that to cross my lips

Like especially considering how hard some Niggaz go in on single moms who currently caught up in the struggle...

Always found the single mother hate funny.

Guess their mothers couldn’t hold down a relationship, or made bad relationship decisions and had fucked up step parents.

My mother was 19 when she had me so was always gunna be some bad decisions made at that age, wether it was friends influencing them or lack of life experience can’t hold her responsible imo cus anyone at that age in those circumstances woulda done the same shit. Could of been a lot worse.

it was a bit different....back then niggas was just walking out. we still had a system that locked black men up for nothing.
now....some chicks think its a badge of honor to be a single mom. (NOT ALL)
shit its even profitable to some.

As a kid I hated being poor and not having shit...mum always made sure we had food and a roof so I wouldn't change nothing...it's made me the person I am today and I praise my mum for bringing up 3 kids all by herself and I have never been to jail and my sisters are doing good, Looking back at it my mum was 22 and had 3 kids to raise alone that shit must have been scary for her.

it was a bit different....back then niggas was just walking out. we still had a system that locked black men up for nothing.
so it should be a scarlet letter? tf

They ask you who the father of your child is, if you know and tell them, chances are they are gonna either deny you or lessen the help. They will also file child support on him.

Tell them you don’t know and that he is absent, APPROVED like a mf.

It could also work the other way around if a guy goes in trying to get assistance for his children and mom isn’t present.

because of my childhood, I've always held both parents accountable for their piss poor decisions just like I did with mine.

Its a badge of honor in spite of. Ask any of them moms bruh they would prefer the dad to be there snd help out. But many feel from what they see the father gonna be gone eventually.

Me and my closest brother was blessed. Older siblings had it rougher tho. Id just ask my dad why so many kids over so many years.

They ask you who the father of your child is, if you know and tell them, chances are they are gonna either deny you or lessen the help. They will also file child support on him.

Tell them you don’t know and that he is absent, APPROVED like a mf.

It could also work the other way around if a guy goes in trying to get assistance for his children and mom isn’t present.

They assume he should be helping alot of those benefits assume only one parent is putting in work. And if he there they thinking why this able bodied man aint working or something.

Two days before fathers day I caught a black man in his early 30s stealing a $30 phone accessory.

I had my eyes on him the moment he walked in. He was with an elderly lady and his 5 year old son who he had on court ordered visitation.

He broke down crying because if I sent him to jail, he probably wouldn't see his kid for a very long time.

I can't say what my decision was on here but I was pissed the fuck off that he put himself and his son in that situation.

Back