Welcome To aBlackWeb

Foods You'll Never Be Too Rich For

Forrealdoe! Oxtails used to be the cheap shit like neckbones and ham hocks. Now folks done caught on and drove the price up.
*cough* white folks

I went to some fancy-ish farm to table restaurant a few yrs back and they had oxtail on the menu for like $45 . I knew then it was over. Sure enough I started seeing the prices go up ever so slightly and now my oxtail plate from the Jamaican spot is like $22 when it used to be 10-15

*cough* white folks

I went to some fancy-ish farm to table restaurant a few yrs back and they had oxtail on the menu for like $45 . I knew then it was over. Sure enough I started seeing the prices go up ever so slightly and now my oxtail plate from the Jamaican spot is like $22 when it used to be 10-15

lol My country ass family was complaining about this last year. They were talking more about the grocery prices than the restaurant prices though. I never ate it anyway, but I can see how it would be annoying to be paying chuck roast prices one day and then filet mignon prices the next day for no real reason.

Neckbones
Tortinos pizza/Red Baron
Captain crabs/ mom and pops soul food joints
Damn right! and if I ever get rich I'm gonna hire a chef to cook them authentic just like my mom cooked in a pot with dirty rice and some great northern beans on the side. Rick James had a chef that could cook some a mean pot of collard greens.

lol My country ass family was complaining about this last year. They were talking more about the grocery prices than the restaurant prices though. I never ate it anyway, but I can see how it would be annoying to be paying chuck roast prices one day and then filet mignon prices the next day for no real reason.

that's literally what's been happening with chuck roast. Shit used to be one of the cheapest cuts before you hit top/bottom round. 3.5lbs for $7-$9.

Kroger finally got these back noodles back in stock. Finna have it for lunch with veggies and one of these curry sauces... Leaning towards the extra hot joint, might even throw a few shrimp in there too.

I know I ain't the only one that be hookin up the ramen with extra shit.

IMG_20240403_233332636.jpg

Back