Welcome To aBlackWeb

FKA Twigs

dontdiedontkillanyone

Show some love, you losers!
She's back!

fka-twigs-cellophane-single-1556117421-640x640.jpg

New single is called Cellophane:

New album will follow later this year.

Yay! I was listening to her yesterday on purpose for the first time lol I like her

FKA Twigs’ New Album Magdalene Was Co-Produced By Nicolas Jaar, Has A Future Feature

fka-twigs-new-album-release-date-1567431375-828x603.png

FKA Twigs released a new song, “Cellophane,” a couple months back and she’s been playing shows and performing at festivals since then, debuting new songs and teasing her much-awaited full-length followup to 2014’s LP1. In a new interview with i-D, Twigs confirms that the album is called Magdalene — also the name of the shows she’s been doing — and that it’ll be out later this year. She produced the album with Nicolas Jaar.

“The record is about every lover that I’ve ever had, and every lover that I’m going to have,” Twigs said in the interview. “It’s really fragile. I made it at a time when I was in recovery – physically and emotionally – and I think that comes through.”

One of the songs, “Holy Terrain,” has a guest verse from Future. Twigs went into how the collaboration came about in the interview:

I wasn’t sure whether he would even know who I am. I was like, ‘Hi, it’s Twigs. Let me know if you wanna talk about music or anything.’ He texted back right away and I was like… ‘Oh my god, he’s just messaged me back!’ He’s such a sweetheart. I sent him the album and I called him up and was like, ‘Listen, Future… this is what my album’s about. It’s a really empowering, sensitive record, with a lot of feminine energy, and this song is probably the most fun track on it, but I still need lyrical content.’ And he said, ‘Okay, I’ve got it’. And his verse is beautiful. He’s just talking about his downfalls as a man; how he’s sorry and asking for healing. I love sad Future. I love when he gets emo, when he expresses himself. It’s just so beautiful when he opens up.
Read the full piece here.

Bonafide artist right there. She needs to tour the USA. Take my chic to her show without hesitation

FKA twigs Details New Album MAGDALENE, Out Next Month

Skrillex, Oneohtrix, Future, Nicolas Jaar, and more feature on her first album in 5 years

FKA twigs, photo by <a href=https://www.matthewstone.co.uk></a>Matthew Stone</a>

FKA twigs, photo by Matthew Stone
3 HRS AGO
FKA twigs will release new album MAGDALENE on October 25 via Young Turks. The self-produced record follow 2014’s LP1 and the following year’s M3LL155X EP. As well as “major contributions” from Nicolas Jaar, it features collaborators including Future, Skrillex, and Jack Antonoff, all of whom worked with twigs on “Holy Terrain,” which arrives today at 2:30 p.m. Eastern. Other collaborators include Oneohtrix Point Never, Cashmere Cat, and benny blanco, the album’s iTunes listing reveals. Check out Matthew Stone’s cover art below.

In a press release, twigs says, “I never thought heartbreak could be so all-encompassing. I never thought that my body could stop working to the point that I couldn’t express myself physically in the ways that I have always loved and found so much solace. I have always practiced my way into being the best I could be, but I couldn’t do that this time, I was left with no option but to tear every process down. But the process of making this album has allowed me for the first time, and in the most real way, to find compassion when I have been at my most ungraceful, confused and fractured. I stopped judging myself and at that moment found hope in ‘Magdalene.’ To her I am forever grateful.”

More twigs rap collaborations are in the pipeline, a press release notes, though only Future guests on MAGDALENE.

MAGDALENE:
01 thousand eyes
02 home with you
03 sad day
04 holy terrain [ft. Future]
05 mary magdalene
06 fallen alien
07 mirrored heart
08 daybed
09 cellophane

FKA_twigs_Madalene%20_Digital_web.jpg

She dope. A natural born artist

Mahalia another dope one.

I've been listening to it the past week and I think it's brilliant. It's sounds very Kate Bush along with Homogenic/Vulnicura-era Bjork. It feels like she went the opposite of accessible and retreated down the more avant-garde route instead - this album isn't going to be for everyone.

Back