Welcome To aBlackWeb

First few days of a new job =woat feeling

Bro we all go through it. My girl had depression from it and my new first real fucked me up so bad mentally had to go through therapy for years.

Please be patient with yourself brother, also make sure you set early boundaries and don't let any mistake define who you are. Also COMMUNICATION IS ESSENTIAL. Make sure folks know your learning styles, how you operate and what doesn't work. You got this man, much success and happiness.

We kings

Its okay to make mistakes when learning something new. It is not okay to make it more than once.

Shit be crucial. I work as claims adjuster for catastrophes like hurricanes. I remember when I was just starting after that hurricane flooded out Texas a few years ago and they just gave a lil overview and threw niggas in the fire ???.

Insurance is very fluid and can have many moving pieces depending on scenario and you gotta try to figure out a lot of shit on fly while dude on phone going off because he got an oak tree through his roof and wife crying and shit. And all this while knowing cuts could be coming within a few weeks. Intense shit ??

I used to be the worst trainer. I used to teach the temps to be rebellious ??

Shit be crucial. I work as claims adjuster for catastrophes like hurricanes. I remember when I was just starting after that hurricane flooded out Texas a few years ago and they just gave a lil overview and threw niggas in the fire ???.

Insurance is very fluid and can have many moving pieces depending on scenario and you gotta try to figure out a lot of shit on fly while dude on phone going off because he got an oak tree through his roof and wife crying and shit. And all this while knowing cuts could be coming within a few weeks. Intense shit ??

A licensed claim adjuster will always be able to find work lol that’s my saving grace if something go bad for me

A licensed claim adjuster will always be able to find work lol that’s my saving grace if something go bad for me

Yeah definitely, it can be stressful but the pay is worth it in my eyes and it's good fallback option if have fluidity to relocate at least.

Haha.

Just show them that you got initiative to correct yourself and move forward. Hopefully, it wasn't nothing too serious.

Added to that, going into day two of orientation. The trainers had to tell folk to that if they get up in the morning and look at what they got on and have to question if it's a appropriate, then they should probably change.

I'm sitting there thinking...b..bu...but you hired these people tho
This nigga workin at a call center

This nigga workin at a call center
Nah this was for window repair, I'm going to college for an associate's in human services. So I really just needed something to pay the bills and didnt require so much of my time and brain power. But at the same times, theres nothing at all wrong with call center work, low key that shit is hard work.

I remember when I first started tha job I’m at now...11 years ago....my first day they sat me in a room and handed me a print to a seal...all I could think was “What tha fuck did I lie on my resume’ about that they think I know Russian?!” Lol

But once I figured out tha job is really geared around how well you know/retain math (which I’m pretty good at lol), I’ve been able to move up/around pretty nicely...just find your niche and do THAT extremely well so your minor mistakes (that everyone is bound to make at some point) don’t seem too big

Even after 11 years I’m kinda in tha same situation again where I’m doing a new role that I was SUPPOSED to be training in for 6-9 months, but that person I was training with/taking over for found out after about 2 1/2 months of training he had cancer...so now am I not only still doing my old position,Team Lead, but I’m also working/training/taking courses for my new position...but if I ever make any mistakes I’d just tell them “you know I wasn’t properly trained and I’m also doing multiple roles..” Then it’s on management to make sure I’m given tha proper tools, time and opportunity to be successful in my job...

Don’t fail tha process...let tha process fail you

The worst part is being “ the new guy”.

You don’t know anybody.

Don’t nobody wanna talk to you .

You don’t know where to find stuff.

giphy.gif

Yea they the ones not calling back
Oh okay. What about call centers and group homes? Man, it seems like they're always hiring bc they can't keep anybody, but with good reason tho. Those would honestly be my last resorts.

Back