Welcome To aBlackWeb

Fire Station Shut Down After Disgusting Racist Remarks and Mocking of Slain Black 8-Year-old

I think there was a study done showing that even fucking dr’s and nurses believe that black people have a different pain tolerance compared to whites.

these people are sick though and they don’t see us as humans

Yup.

I read somewhere that especially black women are suppose to say their pain is unbearable and higher that what it is so they can receive proper treatment

I think there was a study done showing that even fucking dr’s and nurses believe that black people have a different pain tolerance compared to whites.

There have been tons of "studies" about it

Historically, it's an ideology that was pointedly taught in medical school...it's a long held belief/bias stemming from slavery, that we aren't fully human. "Others" usually think that about us anyway, so it wasn't difficult to reinforce it. Doctors from other countries, even Black ones, are particularly egregious in this way of thinking...sometimes worse than toubobs, in my experience

We can't ignore the fact that, since slavery, our Black bodies have always been used to experiment upon and mutilate under the guise of science/medicine

Yup.

I read somewhere that especially black women are suppose to say their pain is unbearable and higher that what it is so they can receive proper treatment
That hardly ever yields favorable results, "they" think we're faking b/c we're drug addicts or "just being dramatic"

It's part of the reason so many Black women (and Black babies) die, during or very shortly after, giving birth

Historically, it's an ideology that was pointedly taught in medical school...it's a long held belief/bias stemming from slavery, that we aren't fully human. "Others" usually think that about us anyway, so it wasn't difficult to reinforce it. Doctors from other countries, even Black ones, are particularly egregious in this way of thinking...sometimes worse than toubobs, in my experience

We can't ignore the fact that, since slavery, our Black bodies have always been used to experiment upon and mutilate under the guise of science/medicine

Had to look that up!

What you talking about?

Regarding this...

Toubobs aka whitey, right? Lol

Here’s study I found on a quick google search
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4843483/
Racial bias in pain assessment and treatment recommendations, and false beliefs about biological differences between blacks and whites.

I also think with such shitty practices on people of color it could be a favor in why we have such a terrible standing for our infant mortality rates compared to other countries

Back