Freestyle Fire!!! DJ S&S - Get Your Swerve On (1995) Harlem Sides A&B

5 Grand

Old School Godfather
Mar 14, 2018
Whitehorse Gardens
This tape came out in 1995. This is the first time Who Shot Ya was released. People who bought this mixtape were the first people to hear Who Shot Ya.

S&S has another tape that has an exclusive of How High by Red and Meth.

This was before the internet so NYC mixtapes were like gold. They had all the new remixes and exclusive singles.

I time stamped where Who Shot Ya comes in.

Last edited:
I miss tha old mixtape days if I’m bein’ honest...I still follow new drops and hip-hop in general as a whole tha same way I did when I was growin’ up, but if there’s 1 big thing that’s different from tha 90’s it’s tha mixtape scene...

Reactions: 5 Grand
I miss tha old mixtape days if I’m bein’ honest...I still follow new drops and hip-hop in general as a whole tha same way I did when I was growin’ up, but if there’s 1 big thing that’s different from tha 90’s it’s tha mixtape scene...

Yeah, it kinda lacks the comunity spirit because of it... You know like when one of your boys had an album or mixtape back in the day and we all hovered around a CD player and kept hitting rewind and getting hype etc or lending your CD/tape out to your friends or making a copy for them or yourself... Now people take music for granted as its so easy to get and throwaway...

Reactions: Word....Life