Welcome To aBlackWeb

Infamous114

305 🇳🇮
Mod Squad
20231213_231043.jpg

Finestkind tells the story of two brothers (Ben Foster & Toby Wallace), raised in different worlds, who are reunited as adults over a fateful summer. Set against the backdrop of commercial fishing, the story takes on primal stakes when desperate circumstances force the brothers to strike a deal with a violent Boston crime gang. Along the way, a young woman (Jenna Ortega) finds herself caught perilously in the middle. Sacrifices must be made and bonds between brothers, friends, lovers, and a father (Tommy Lee Jones) and his son are put to the ultimate test.​

FinestKind

Fine to Fail

PRAISE : After figuring out who the characters were and related to I got into the groove of this movie about Two brothers from opposite sides of the tracks are reunited as adults. Desperate circumstances force them into a deal with an organized crime syndicate in Boston, and a young women gets caught in the middle.
There were a couple of characters I immediately started rooting for and they were portrayed by Toby Wallace as Charlie and Jenna Ortega as Mabel.
There was the usual family angst about living up to one's potential, dissapointing family members and the father and son turmoil which I was ok with. Ben Foster does well as Charlie's brother Tom. It's always great to have the presence of Tommy Lee Jones around and it was nice to see Lolita Davidovich and Tim Daly in a project again. The life of a deep sea fisherman is nicely displayed from the longing for the sea to how dangerous it can be.I was glad I was spared from something crazy I thought was really going to happen.

PROBLEMS: The movie becomes very clichéd almost immediately as the crime part of the film begins. The grit in the film starts to lose its edge. Then things start to become far to convenient and easy for certain characters. I actually started laughing at one character who was a complete pushover.

Scale of 1 to 10 a 6

FinestKind

Fine to Fail

PRAISE : After figuring out who the characters were and related to I got into the groove of this movie about Two brothers from opposite sides of the tracks are reunited as adults. Desperate circumstances force them into a deal with an organized crime syndicate in Boston, and a young women gets caught in the middle.
There were a couple of characters I immediately started rooting for and they were portrayed by Toby Wallace as Charlie and Jenna Ortega as Mabel.
There was the usual family angst about living up to one's potential, dissapointing family members and the father and son turmoil which I was ok with. Ben Foster does well as Charlie's brother Tom. It's always great to have the presence of Tommy Lee Jones around and it was nice to see Lolita Davidovich and Tim Daly in a project again. The life of a deep sea fisherman is nicely displayed from the longing for the sea to how dangerous it can be.I was glad I was spared from something crazy I thought was really going to happen.

PROBLEMS: The movie becomes very clichéd almost immediately as the crime part of the film begins. The grit in the film starts to lose its edge. Then things start to become far to convenient and easy for certain characters. I actually started laughing at one character who was a complete pushover.

Scale of 1 to 10 a 6

So you just gonna steal the homie Neo shit.... :lol10:

Back