Welcome To aBlackWeb

FINALS: Goat Song of 09: Exhibit C vs Empire State of Mind

FINALS: Goat Song of 09: Exhibit C vs Empire State of Mind

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
ESOM is Jay most forced single since Sunshine. Shame on you niggas voting it to the finals.

A drake or wayne song should've been in it. Neither of the songs in the finals should've made it to the semi finals.

Nah.

09 Drake ain't have a song as big as Jay and neither did Wayne. All of Wayne shit dropped in 08 off of C3. Them Rebirth trash didn't make an impact like the C3 singles.

C/S that babysitter tho. An internet track that nobody outside the internet even knows about. SMH

A drake or wayne song should've been in it. Neither of the songs in the finals should've made it to the semi finals.

So this is how it works? You look at who sold the most each year and pick one of their songs to touch finals????

Come on bro you kno' that's wrong

Word to life I love that Jay Elect joint but he saying a whole lotta nothin yo

So this is how it works? You look at who sold the most each year and pick one of their songs to touch finals????

Come on bro you kno' that's wrong

Just now seeing this. Nah fam, u know this some bullshit.

Let's look at the list of winners so far. From the beginning all the way up to around 06 (right before the YM takeover) all the niggas who were running hip hop either won or were in the finals.

88- Children’s Story>>The Symphony
89- Fight The Power>>The Formula
90- Around The Way Girl>>Bonita Applebum
91- Summertime>>My Mind Playin Tricks On Me
92- Nuthin But a G Thang>>T.R.O.Y
93- C.R.E.A.M>>Keep Ya Head Up
94- NY State Of Mind>>I Seen a Man Die
95- Shook Ones>>One More Chance
96- Ambitionz Az a Ridah>>I Ain’t Mad At Cha
97- Triumph>>Hypnotize
98- Da Art Of Storytellin>>Get At Me Dog
99- Still D.R.E>>Nas Is Like
00- Ms Jackson>>The Blast
01- Heart of The City>>We Gonna Make It
02- Made You Look>>Grindin
03- What We Do>>Allure
04- Through The Wire>>Breathe
05- Dear Summer>>Touch The Sky
06- What You Know>>We Fly High
07- International Players Anthem>>Roc Boys
08- Put On>>My President
09- Exhibit C>>Empire State Of Mind

07 makes sense, but the last 2 years? Gtfoh. It's no coincidence the years YM (Wayne and Drake) ran hip hop they're not in the finals. Yall niggas can't put your biasness to the side, the shit's corny af.

07 makes sense, but the last 2 years? Gtfoh. It's no coincidence the years YM (Wayne and Drake) ran hip hop they're not in the finals. Yall niggas can't put your biasness to the side, the shit's corny af.

08 should've been a Jeezy, Wayne, or TI song

But 09.......

09 Drake ain't have a song as big as Jay and neither did Wayne. All of Wayne shit dropped in 08 off of C3. Them Rebirth trash didn't make an impact like the C3 singles.

Just now seeing this. Nah fam, u know this some bullshit.

Let's look at the list of winners so far. From the beginning all the way up to around 06 (right before the YM takeover) all the niggas who were running hip hop either won or were in the finals.

88- Children’s Story>>The Symphony
89- Fight The Power>>The Formula
90- Around The Way Girl>>Bonita Applebum
91- Summertime>>My Mind Playin Tricks On Me
92- Nuthin But a G Thang>>T.R.O.Y
93- C.R.E.A.M>>Keep Ya Head Up
94- NY State Of Mind>>I Seen a Man Die
95- Shook Ones>>One More Chance
96- Ambitionz Az a Ridah>>I Ain’t Mad At Cha
97- Triumph>>Hypnotize
98- Da Art Of Storytellin>>Get At Me Dog
99- Still D.R.E>>Nas Is Like
00- Ms Jackson>>The Blast
01- Heart of The City>>We Gonna Make It
02- Made You Look>>Grindin
03- What We Do>>Allure
04- Through The Wire>>Breathe
05- Dear Summer>>Touch The Sky
06- What You Know>>We Fly High
07- International Players Anthem>>Roc Boys
08- Put On>>My President
09- Exhibit C>>Empire State Of Mind

It's because in those years the niggas who were runnin' hip hop were doin' so coz they were droppin' quality. The YM years are the first were the popular niggas are wack or make wack shit

Back