Welcome To aBlackWeb

MoeW

20231220_162632.jpg

It is the summer of 1957. Behind the spectacle of Formula 1, ex-racer Enzo Ferrari is in crisis. Bankruptcy threatens the factory he and his wife, Laura built from nothing ten years earlier. Their volatile marriage has been battered by the loss of their son, Dino a year earlier. Ferrari struggles to acknowledge his son Piero with Lina Lardi. Meanwhile, his drivers' passion to win pushes them to the edge as they launch into the treacherous 1,000-mile race across Italy, the Mille Miglia.​

Fast but not Full

PRAISE: This is the third biopic I have watched this year in which the person in the title is smart and successful but has an ultra complicated personal life.
Adam Driver completely immerses himself into the role of Enzo Ferrari. It is Drivers performance and some pretty good make up work that made me forget I was watching Driver. There is a coldness to him,but through the performance you see how passionate and loving Ferrari was about the women in his life and his children. The passion for having the best cars and racers in the lanes is also displayed in a great way.
I really love how actresses are being directed and how the actresses are portraying the women in these biopic as of late. It's not always through yelling or their actions on screen but what is expressed on their faces the disdain and the pain. I think Penelope Cruz as the wife of Ferrari ,Laura nails all of the aforementioned. Shailene Woodleys performance as Lina Lardi,Ferraris long time lover and mother of his son Piero may be more quiet and subdued than Cruzs you can see the longing in her expressions and words to Ferrari.
Director Michael man does well with the family drama ,the whole Ferrari dynamic is what grabbed me in the movies first few minutes. What's said between them made me very involved.
The racing scenes are tightly shot with the addition of narrow roads and streets as the cars zoom through were very thrilling. One scene literally took my b breath away.

PROBLEMS: I wish there had been a better balance between the dramatic and racing scenes. Some just didn't blend well. When the movie ends I couldn't help but feel like something had been left out of the full course meal I thought I was being served. Sure I know you can't jam a person's whole life into two or three hours but I think at least twenty more minutes would have satisfied me.

Scale of 1 to 10 an 8½

It was good. That one scene was insane. Especially how they zoomed in on the bodies. I know the family with kids behind me wasn't expecting that either lol

Back