Welcome To aBlackWeb

Favoritism & Racism on YouTube

Shenco

Okay, so if you are unaware one of the biggest creators and maybe the biggest black content creator on YouTube has gone viral as he levied some serious allegations against the platform

If you’ve watched any video game videos on YouTube you most likely know this guy. Now many other content creators have agreed with YouTube playing favorites, but not racist because this happens to white creators too, but there are ALOT of black creators saying there is racism afoot. What do you think?

This also comes at a time where Twitch has also been Accused of the same thing as a girl was seen having sex on stream and only getting a 7 day ban while others have done less and gotten more harsh punishments. Specifically Jideon who is now serving a permaban for I guess having his fans hate tweet/react another streamer

Youtube is cracking down on everyone. Dude brings up Markpiler and that guy has been whining about Youtube too.

Content creators need to find another avenue, because it will keep getting worse in today's climate

I don't know. It seems like all the Youtubers have a problem with Youtube. I understand where a lot of them are coming from, but it's hard for me to care though. A lot of those people are getting rich for doing shit that people back in the day just do for fun. Like you made 200K last year just getting on YouTube talking shit. Favoritism or not, you're still getting over pretty well.

I don't know. It seems like all the Youtubers have a problem with Youtube. I understand where a lot of them are coming from, but it's hard for me to care though. A lot of those people are getting rich for doing shit that people back in the day just do for fun. Like you made 200K last year just getting on YouTube talking shit. Favoritism or not, you're still getting over pretty well.
I apologize brother Monk but this is a very out of touch comment. So they're supposed to just take unjust decisions because they make money in a modern way because it seems you don't understand the work that goes on behind the scenes? I wish you a blessed day in that case

^all that needed to be said.

Close Thread

These social media platforms like YouTube, Instagram and Tik Tok threw Andrew Tate in the bushes

Reactions: GNS
I apologize brother Monk but this is a very out of touch comment. So they're supposed to just take unjust decisions because they make money in a modern way because it seems you don't understand the work that goes on behind the scenes? I wish you a blessed day in that case

^all that needed to be said.

Close Thread

I didn't say anything about what they should or shouldn't do. I said it's hard for me to care.

There's a lot of fucked up shit going on in this country. Content creators occasionally getting dicked around by an algorithm ain't really that high on the list of shit we (as a community/nation/society) should be fighting to fix IMO. Now what they do about it is up to them.

Okay, so if you are unaware one of the biggest creators and maybe the biggest black content creator on YouTube has gone viral as he levied some serious allegations against the platform

If you’ve watched any video game videos on YouTube you most likely know this guy. Now many other content creators have agreed with YouTube playing favorites, but not racist because this happens to white creators too, but there are ALOT of black creators saying there is racism afoot. What do you think?

Haven't even watched the video, but he's right.

I've heard other black content creators say all the time how youtube takes away their subscribers..........disables their notifications........."shadow bans" them........lowballs the number of views their videos actually get...........etc.

Last edited:
Reactions: GNS
Haven't even watched the video, but he's right.

I've heard other black content creators say all the time how youtube takes away their subscribers..........disables they're notifications........."shadow bans" them........lowballs the number of views their videos actually get...........etc.

White content creators say the same shit though.

I almost think it's a racket. Like this dude said that he's mainly on Twitch, so why keep coming back to Youtube if you think they are doing you dirty?

A lot of the people that complain about Youtube eventually start patreon pages and start requesting donations, and then keep on fucking with Youtube even after they are getting money directly from their supporters. Like how you going to ask me to donate $5 a month to you because Youtube is grimey all so you can continue to make money off Youtube. Shit doesn't make sense.

White content creators say the same shit though.

I almost think it's a racket. Like this dude said that he's mainly on Twitch, so why keep coming back to Youtube if you think they are doing you dirty?

A lot of the people that complain about Youtube eventually start patreon pages and start requesting donations, and then keep on fucking with Youtube even after they are getting money directly from their supporters. Like how you going to ask me to donate $5 a month to you because Youtube is grimey all so you can continue to make money off Youtube. Shit doesn't make sense.

Well, I think their main argument is that.............even though they're making money off youtube...........youtube still has certain practices that are preventing them from making the amount of money that they're supposed to make.

Look at it as somebody working a regular 9-5, but the job constantly does things like:

Not paying you what you're owed for the hours you actually worked.........messes up your hourly rate of pay...........not paying you what you're supposed to be making for overtime and/or holiday pay..............etc.

Well, I think their main argument is that.............even though they're making money off youtube...........youtube still has certain practices that are preventing them from making the amount of money that they're supposed to make.

Look at it as somebody working a regular 9-5, but the job constantly does things like:

Not paying you what you're owed for the hours you actually worked.........messes up your hourly rate of pay...........not paying you what you're supposed to be making for overtime and/or holiday pay..............etc.

Yep, I agree with with your assessment. I think that's my problem. YouTube ain't a salary jobe and you can't treat it like that. Granted, YouTube has rules that they have established and have to abide by. I believe that if YouTube consistently breaches those rules, these creator probably have a case for a civil suit, but they never take it there. I think that's because they know YouTube isn't actually doing anything malicious. The algorithm just has goofy quirks.

I don't know all the details about this situation because i don't follow "content creators" or "influencers" or whatever the fuck... but I will say that google fired their head of ethical artificial intelligence (a black woman) without cause seemingly for pointing out that their algorithms were in fact biased.

If these devils can offload all their racism to AI and wash their hands clean of it why would they not?

Isn’t it possible this just a coincidence and the algos simply missed the other guy violation? It’s mostly computers behind these catches…and when it gets to the point it comes across someone desk there’s always room for mistakes since now a fallible human is involved.

Isn’t it possible this just a coincidence and the algos simply missed the other guy violation? It’s mostly computers behind these catches…and when it gets to the point it comes across someone desk there’s always room for mistakes since now a fallible human is involved.
That then uncovers a flaw in the system that youtube needs to handle. He even asks this in the video. Was it a bot or human that age restricted the video and who was the human reviewer that blocked his appeal?

I don't know all the details about this situation because i don't follow "content creators" or "influencers" or whatever the fuck... but I will say that google fired their head of ethical artificial intelligence (a black woman) without cause seemingly for pointing out that their algorithms were in fact biased.

If these devils can offload all their racism to AI and wash their hands clean of it why would they not?

this book talks about how you'd think AI & algorithms can fix racial disparities but it actually does the opposite & ramps it up

pretty good read

Race+After+Tech_Cover.jpg

Back