Welcome To aBlackWeb

Father shot and killed man who complimented his son at New Orleans barbershop

In a new sign of how an offhand comment can have fatal consequences in New Orleans, police say the father of a two-year-old boy getting a trim at a barbershop shot and killed a customer who complimented the toddler.

Witnesses told police Harold Brooks, 37, had visited the shop, in the 5700 block of Crowder Boulevard, in the past while carrying a gun, investigators wrote in documents filed in Criminal District Court. On March 17, they said, Brooks "became irate" when Kenneth Smith, 56, complimented his son there.

Surveillance video shows Smith leaving the business, soon followed by Brooks and his son in a Jeep Cherokee, according to the documents. The Cherokee slowed next to Smith, walking in the 7000 block of Crowder, where police say he was fatally shot.

The next day, a tipster told police the killer lived in the Willowbrook Apartments on Bundy Road, about 1¼ miles from the barbershop, according to the documents. Investigators found the Cherokee there on March 19 and traced it to the toddler's mother. Police said Brooks' drivers license photo matched the man seen in video leaving the barbershop after Smith.

Brooks' defense attorney would not comment Thursday.

Magistrate Commissioner Peter Hamilton set Brooks' bail to $500,000.

i don't have kids, don't particularly want kids, and don't generally like people with kids lol. if you think niggas lose rational sense over pussy that got nothin on how stupid somebody will get over they kids.

i'll never forget i was walking (stumbling) back to the crib in west philly drunk n high, some toddler walkin by wit his dad tried to say "Hi!" to me.........I'm too trashed for a convo with strangers at the moment let alone humoring some dumb lil kid so i figured not answering would be better than saying somethin stupid...........but nah, this dumb mf wanna turn it into a whollllle nigga moment like "SHAWTY SAID WASSUP TO YOU?!?!?" and i'm like man can we not, sigh......."sup yung boul"

He loved his child so much he was willing to kill on His sons behalf to prove how much he loved him….now he in jail.

Does the victim have a rep for being a creep. That's the only way I can see something like this happening.

That's what I'm thinking.

Shooter was 37.....victim was 56, so maybe dude molested him or something when he was a kid and he got triggered when dude said something to his son.

Just an FYI I get mad weird when men call my 5 year old daughter beautiful or cutie or when men try to start a conversation with her or buy her candy at the store. Say hi and keep it moving or i might become extra. That shit is creepy and makes me uncomfortable

Just an FYI I get mad weird when men call my 5 year old daughter beautiful or cutie or when men try to start a conversation with her or buy her candy at the store. Say hi and keep it moving or i might become extra. That shit is creepy and makes me uncomfortable

Yea I’m with the hi and bye but stay back and shit. But it’s levels like an old dude saying the cut is nice or fly fit shouldn’t be met with duck extreme.

Yea I’m with the hi and bye but stay back and shit. But it’s levels like an old dude saying the cut is nice or fly fit shouldn’t be met with duck extreme.
I had a creepy dude follow us around a corner store begging to buy her candy, I told dude I got her and he kept insisting to buy it and saying how cute she was. The employees seen the direction it was headed in and when I got ready to snap they intervened and put him out the store

But I agree calling somebody King and queen shouldn't be met with gun play

Back