Welcome To aBlackWeb

Lou Cypher

The Tokin' White Guy
One of the most popular video game franchises of the last two decades is finally getting the live-action adaptation is has long-deserved. That's right, Fallout is coming to television. It was announced on Thursday morning that Westworld creators Jonathan Nolan and Lisa Joy have partnered with Amazon to create a TV series based on the Fallout video game franchise, a bit of news that fans of the series have been waiting to hear for quite a long time. The series has reportedly landed a "substantial" commitment.

There is no release date set for the new Fallout series, but Variety did share some details about what fans can expect when it arrives. The creative team is hoping to bring "the harshness of the wasteland set against the previous generation's utopian idea of a better world through nuclear energy" to this show while also adding in some "moments of ironic humor and B-movie-nuclear-fantasies".

With multiple games in the franchise, spanning many different settings in the post-nuclear country, there's no telling just yet where this series will be set. The two most popular games in the franchise, Fallout 3 and Fallout 4, take place in Washington D.C. and Boston, respectively.

Fallout is one of the greatest game series of all time. Each chapter of this insanely imaginative story has cost us countless hours we could have spent with family and friends. So we’re incredibly excited to partner with Todd Howard and the rest of the brilliant lunatics at Bethesda to bring this massive, subversive, and darkly funny universe to life with Amazon Studios,” said Joy and Nolan in a statement.

Fallout is an iconic global franchise, with legions of fans worldwide and a rich, deeply compelling storyline that powers it. And Jonah and Lisa are the perfect storytellers to bring this series to life,” said Albert Cheng, COO and co-head of television at Amazon Studios. “We’re thrilled to join with Bethesda to bring Fallout to television.”

1712604557026.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Dope. I’m sure the Westworld team will make sure the production values are up to par.

Wonder if it’ll be set in the Capital Wasteland, Commonwealth, New Vegas or NCR. Probably can already rule out bullshit ass Appalachia.

No in between
they may try to take cues from netflix witcher show. Stick to the source material and lore. Don't reinvent the wheel

BUT, what im really interested in is how much of it will be actually based on video game elements, e.g. using the Pip Boy

I dont think there will be upgrades and shit, but the pip boy is an essential tool in this game. You cant just have it as a set piece

Dope. I’m sure the Westworld team will make sure the production values are up to par.

Wonder if it’ll be set in the Capital Wasteland, Commonwealth, New Vegas or NCR. Probably can already rule out bullshit ass Appalachia.
Would be kind a dope if they did this like an Anthology.

First season in Capital Wasteland each episode having segments focused on a different faction (similar to the way GoT did their episodes featuring all the characters but each faction took up 20ish mins of screentime).

Then Season 2 in New Vegas, all their factions. So on and so forth.

Im sure this show will be a completely original story though and only draw inspiration from the video games to build their world. Wouldnt expect to see any familiar faces though unless it was a easter egg kind of deal.

One of the most popular video game franchises of the last two decades is finally getting the live-action adaptation is has long-deserved. That's right, Fallout is coming to television. It was announced on Thursday morning that Westworld creators Jonathan Nolan and Lisa Joy have partnered with Amazon to create a TV series based on the Fallout video game franchise, a bit of news that fans of the series have been waiting to hear for quite a long time. The series has reportedly landed a "substantial" commitment.

There is no release date set for the new Fallout series, but Variety did share some details about what fans can expect when it arrives. The creative team is hoping to bring "the harshness of the wasteland set against the previous generation's utopian idea of a better world through nuclear energy" to this show while also adding in some "moments of ironic humor and B-movie-nuclear-fantasies".

With multiple games in the franchise, spanning many different settings in the post-nuclear country, there's no telling just yet where this series will be set. The two most popular games in the franchise, Fallout 3 and Fallout 4, take place in Washington D.C. and Boston, respectively.

Fallout is one of the greatest game series of all time. Each chapter of this insanely imaginative story has cost us countless hours we could have spent with family and friends. So we’re incredibly excited to partner with Todd Howard and the rest of the brilliant lunatics at Bethesda to bring this massive, subversive, and darkly funny universe to life with Amazon Studios,” said Joy and Nolan in a statement.

Fallout is an iconic global franchise, with legions of fans worldwide and a rich, deeply compelling storyline that powers it. And Jonah and Lisa are the perfect storytellers to bring this series to life,” said Albert Cheng, COO and co-head of television at Amazon Studios. “We’re thrilled to join with Bethesda to bring Fallout to television.”

Might be lit

Westworld was cool but that last season put me to sleep
Curious which one they'll base it on. 76 wasn't received well by fans I think
It'd be cool to see how they'd incorporate pips and upgrades. They should look into how the HBO show Chernobyl did the radiation and all. I thought they did a great job of showing it and everything

ive played them all since 3. I think 4 could’ve been better tho. But I like New Vegas the best. Would switch my fit up and all that. Hated the legion tho

I thought you said get Fallout 4. My bad. Nee Vegas was the best one IMO too. 3 was pretty good too.

I thought you said get Fallout 4. My bad. Nee Vegas was the best one IMO too. 3 was pretty good too.

i would play a new Vegas remaster I tried to download the old one but it crashed. That shit was mad fun. The factions on 4 were ok but that NCR/Legion

Back