Welcome To aBlackWeb

Fair or Foul?

I wouldn't want to upstage my step child's celebration. If I was going to do something individually for or with my child it would be way more subtle.

The husband foul cause what if your step child doesn't have a father? You're supposed to step into a role not remind them their real father isn't in the picture or ain't shit.

The lack of emotional intelligence is crazy.

The wife is fair imo.

Its wild to treat two kids who are step brothers different if they live in the same house. Especially at that age.

Thats my opinion.

8th grade graduation is what? 13 years old? Lets say the parents married at 10.

If I marry a woman and have a 10 year old, and she has a 10 year old, thats young enough for us to all be a family and I would hope and expect the kids grow up to feel like they are family and brothers.

Be wild to live in the same house, parents married, but then he my son, and he her son and I treat them different.

Again, thats me.

If one of yall feel like nah my son is mine and her son is hers, and yall talked and agreed before hand, thats 100% righteous.

I just wouldnt sign up for that.

The wife is fair imo.

Its wild to treat two kids who are step brothers different if they live in the same house. Especially at that age.

Thats my opinion.

8th grade graduation is what? 13 years old? Lets say the parents married at 10.

If I marry a woman and have a 10 year old, and she has a 10 year old, thats young enough for us to all be a family and I would hope and expect the kids grow up to feel like they are family and brothers.

Be wild to live in the same house, parents married, but then he my son, and he her son and I treat them different.

Again, thats me.

If one of yall feel like nah my son is mine and her son is hers, and yall talked and agreed before hand, thats 100% righteous.

I just wouldnt sign up for that.
Naw

It’s 100% correct to treat your children differently.

Everybody don’t get rewarded as everybody don’t get punished.

His gift to his son might be going somewhere

And his gift to his stepson can be something different.

Naw

It’s 100% correct to treat your children differently.

Everybody don’t get rewarded as everybody don’t get punished.

His gift to his son might be going somewhere

And his gift to his stepson can be something different.
Fam I said thats what I would do and even said im cool with it if someone would do it differently.

I appreciate your perspective, but I just wouldnt go about it that way.

I would want to foster a feeling that we family and they brothers. Doing it this way wouldnt allow that.

we can agree to disagree.

In reality, every person who has more than one kid treats their children differently...or you aren't a very good parent. That doesnt mean you treat one better than the other. You treat them both/all equally well. But treating them 'well' looks different for each kid. You know why? Because each kid is different...so you have to treat them different. Again, just because you treat them differently, doesn't mean you treat them unequally.

You should treat your kids differently based on their temperament. And how they display their emotions. And what their triggers are. And their likes. And their dislikes. And what sort of discipline they respond to best. And their age. And their hobbies. Etc. Etc. Etc. Etc.

Last edited:
In reality, every person who has more than one kid treats their children differently...or you aren't a very good parent. That does mean you treat one better than the other. You treat them both/all equally well. But treating them 'well' looks different for each kid. You know why? Because each kid is different...so you have to treat them different. Again, just because you treat them differently, doesn't mean you treat them unequally.

You should treat your kids differently based on their temperament. And how they display their emotions. And what their triggers are. And their likes. And their dislikes. And what sort of discipline they respond to best. And their age. And their hobbies. Etc. Etc. Etc. Etc.
Word. But thats another thread. In that case you aint favoring one over the other, you tailoring your treatmeant to fit their need, personality, development. But you not differentiating their place in your life.

Different from, we all a family under 1 roof and yall both graduated 8th grade, but hes biologically mine so ima take him somewhere but not you.

The above aint wrong either. But I wouldnt feel comfortablr doing that. Just me.

But wait.....

How this woman got two boys graduating from 8 the grade the same year with different daddies.... How long he been married to this chick? 🤔

Nvm I get it, he don't live with the kid he's taking...

He lives with the step son....

Eh..... Maybe it's a bit hairy then... Cuz he prolly doesn't see his son much at all and is making up for lost time. And the step son gets him every day cuz they live together...

Eh.... It's messy at best

Being kids in this time gotta be wild.

His real son prolly be seeing him on SM with his step son more than he sees either of them in person.... He might not be totally in the wrong here. I can see both sides

Word. But thats another thread. In that case you aint favoring one over the other, you tailoring your treatmeant to fit their need, personality, development. But you not differentiating their place in your life.

Different from, we all a family under 1 roof and yall both graduated 8th grade, but hes biologically mine so ima take him somewhere but not you.

The above aint wrong either. But I wouldnt feel comfortablr doing that. Just me.

I have no proof that the father in the scenario in the OP is differentiating their places in his life. It says that he took bio son on a trip and didn't take step son on that trip. It doesn't say that he didn't take him on his own trip because of whatever reason he felt that was best.

Or that he felt like the step son would enjoy that new Playstation 5 for a graduation present and don't give a fuck about going to the fucking state park or wherever the fuck.

Etc, Etc, etc, etc.

One weekend, I took my son - who was 7 at the time - to this Walking with Dinosaurs exhibit at the King's arena. I didn't take my girl's son. Because that nigga didn't give a fuck about dinosaurs. Less than a week later, I took her son to a King's game. Left my son at home. Because he don't give a fuck about basketball and would've been whining to go home and draw the whole time.

For some reason, niggas interpret not taking the step son as the father saying 'Fuck that little nigga. He's a second class citizen in this house!'. And there's literally NOTHING in the scenario that points towards that.

Last edited:
Nvm I get it, he don't live with the kid he's taking...

He lives with the step son....

Eh..... Maybe it's a bit hairy then... Cuz he prolly doesn't see his son much at all and is making up for lost time. And the step son gets him every day cuz they live together...

Eh.... It's messy at best
If the kids don't live together with me under one roof my stance changes a bit.

I might do some extra shit for my kid if he isn't living with me.

I assumed they were all living together with my earlier post.

I almost cussed your ass out.

I said the exact same thing

If the kids don't live together with me under one roof my stance changes a bit.

I might do some extra shit for my kid if he isn't living with me.

I assumed they were all living together with my earlier post.
I'm think he's living with his wife and her 13 year old son that's not his.
And he has another 13 year old son that he doesn't live with who lives with his baby momma.

That makes the most sense. And if that's the case, I'll go a little easier on him... ESPECIALLY if they already have something separate for her son planned.

Like are these boys even regularly around each other??

I have no proof that the father in the scenario in the OP is differentiating their places in his life. It says that he took bio son on a trip and didn't take step son on that trip. It doesn't say that he didn't take him on his own trip because of whatever reason he felt that was best.

Or that he felt like the step son would enjoy that new Playstation 5 for a graduation present and don't give a fuck about going to the fucking state park or wherever the fuck.

Etc, Etc, etc, etc.

One weekend, I took my son - who was 7 at the time - to this Walking with Dinosaurs exhibit at the King's arena. I didn't take my girl's son. Because that nigga didn't give a fuck about dinosaurs. Less than a week later, I took her son to a King's game. Left my son at home. Because he don't give a fuck about basketball and would've been whining to go home and draw the whole time.

For some reason, niggas interpret not taking the step son as the father saying 'Fuck that little nigga. He's a second class citizen in this house!'. And there's literally NOTHING in the scenario that points towards that.
You adding mad qualifiers bro bro.

The discussion is clearly not about taking your son to what hes into, and her son into what hes into.

We dont know these people at all. For all we know he might be a better father to her son than his own.

But when this posted here, its clear whats being discussed.

Why im breaking this down though? Lmaooo. We all know.

Shit give me enough qualifiers and I can debate that both Trump and Biden are good presidents.

You adding mad qualifiers bro bro.

The discussion is clearly not about taking your son to what hes into, and her son into what hes into.

We dont know these people at all. For all we know he might be a better father to her son than his own.

But when this posted here, its clear whats being discussed.

Why im breaking this down though? Lmaooo. We all know.

Shit give me enough qualifiers and I can debate that both Trump and Biden are good presidents.

That's the thing. I'm not adding qualifiers at all. I'm doing the OPPOSITE of that. I'm just pointing out mad potential qualifiers exists but all we KNOW for sure is that he took one son and didn't take the other.

For ME, that isn't a clear indication that the kids occupy different places in his life.

The end.

Back