Welcome To aBlackWeb

Facebook to integrate WhatsApp, Instagram and Messenger

Facebook plans to integrate its messaging services on Instagram, WhatsApp and Facebook Messenger.

While all three will remain stand-alone apps, at a much deeper level they will be linked so messages can travel between the different services.

Facebook told the BBC it was at the start of a "long process".

The plan was first reported in the New York Times and is believed to be a personal project of Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg.

Once complete, the merger would mean that a Facebook user could communicate directly with someone who only has a WhatsApp account. This is currently impossible as the applications have no common core.

The work to merge the three elements has already begun, reported the NYT, and is expected to be completed by the end of 2019 or early next year.

What is Facebook's plan?
By Chris Fox, technology reporter

Facebook probably didn't want to talk about this in the middle of a privacy scandal, but its hand was forced by insiders talking to the New York Times.

Until now, WhatsApp, Instagram and Messenger have been run as separate and competing products.

Integrating the messaging parts might simplify Facebook's work. It wouldn't need to develop competing versions of new features, such as Stories, which all three apps have added with inconsistent results.

Cross-platform messaging may also lead the way for businesses on one platform to message potential customers on another.

And it might make it easier for Facebook to share data across the three platforms, to help its targeted advertising efforts.

But bigger still: it makes Facebook's suite of apps a much tighter, interwoven collection of services. That could make the key parts of Facebook's empire more difficult to break up and spin off, if governments and regulators decide that is necessary.

I love how people can get bent outta shape about shit that Facebook do, like you gotta have/use Facebook. Someone will tell me about something and I'll inquire more about it. They will tell me they put in on their facebook,.. fuck Facebook, I'm asking you.

I deleted my Facebook and had people legit tight at me thinking I unfriended them. Meanwhile I was still communicating with them every other day. Lol, the relief on their face when they finally brought it up and I tell them, nah I just deleted my facebook.

I love how people can get bent outta shape about shit that Facebook do, like you gotta have/use Facebook. Someone will tell me about something and I'll inquire more about it. They will tell me they put in on their facebook,.. fuck Facebook, I'm asking you.

I deleted my Facebook and had people legit tight at me thinking I unfriended them. Meanwhile I was still communicating with them every other day. Lol, the relief on their face when they finally brought it up and I tell them, nah I just deleted my facebook.

Can't delete your Facebook account, only deactivate

your shit still on file somewhere & can be accessed lol

Is this cross app/platform or people you communicate with also gotta have it? @Inori

I just got started with it myself, but it appears that whoever ur trying to communicate with will have to have the app as well.

I did see something about enabling Signal for SMS but haven't tried it yet.

I only have WhatsApp never had Facebook or Instagram.

My worry is if they force you to sign up to facebook to continue using Whatsapp.

Also if you do have Instagram Facebook etc. Will random people get access to your number through WhatsApp

I only have WhatsApp never had Facebook or Instagram.

My worry is if they force you to sign up to facebook to continue using Whatsapp.

Also if you do have Instagram Facebook etc. Will random people get access to your number through WhatsApp

When I draw a new ting on a Saturday, she comes up in my FB suggesteds. WhatsApp probably gonna do a suggestwd contacts thing too

When I draw a new ting on a Saturday, she comes up in my FB suggesteds. WhatsApp probably gonna do a suggestwd contacts thing too

Reminds me of when American Loo got shook back in the day when a chick used his phone number to find his FB.

This was about 10 years ago.

Funny too when JCapri........who was still a teenager at the time......clowned him because she was already hip to that "glitch."

Back