Welcome To aBlackWeb

Führer Trump’s Impeachment Inquiry Thread. Update: The Senate completes the coverup

Schiff Says WH Staffer No-Shows Are ‘Further Evidence’ Of Trump’s Obstruction

House Intelligence Committee Chair Adam Schiff (D-CA) declared on Monday that four White House staffers’ refusal to appear for their scheduled hearings that day will only serve as more evidence of President Donald Trump’s attempt to obstruct justice.

Robert Blair, who serves as White House Chief of Staff Mick Mulvaney’s top adviser, and top Office of Management and Budget official Brian McCormack both skipped their depositions in the House impeachment investigation.

“This will be further evidence of an effort by the administration to obstruct the lawful and constitutional duties of Congress,” Schiff told reporters.

The Democratic lawmaker noted reports that National Security lawyers Michael Ellis and John Eisenberg also plan to defy subpoenas and ditch their scheduled depositions later on Monday.

“This will only go further add to the body of evidence on a potential obstruction of Congress charge against the President,” he said.

I forgot which thread it was where I said alot of Latino folks feel how they feel in support of Americas immigration laws. Cause they know, it's only gonna take one time before the govt. Says it's open season on Latinos.

And now, some white folks from Utah got caught in some gang cross fire and Trump said all the Mexican president gotta do is make the call...

:Pathetic: here we go

Taylor, Kent, Yovanovitch Will Be First Public Impeachment Testimonies Next Week

Several key witnesses in the House’s impeachment inquiry will be the fist to appear in public hearings next week.

The move toward public hearings, rather than the behind-closed-doors testimonies that have so far taken place in sealed rooms, marks a new phase in the impeachment inquiry.

The current acting ambassador to Ukraine, the former ambassador, and the deputy assistant secretary of State for European and Eurasian affairs will testify.

House Intelligence Committee Chairman Adam Schiff (D-CA), who’s largely led the inquiry’s closed-door depositions, announced the news on Twitter Wednesday.

“More to come,” he said.

The three witnesses scheduled for public testimony have already provided bombshell testimony to Congress, according to the transcripts of that testimony that were recently released publicly.

“These will be the first of the open hearings. And I think you will see throughout the course of the testimony — not only their testimony but many others — the most important facts are largely not contested,” Schiff said in a brief statement to reporters after tweeting the news.

“We are getting an increasing appreciation for just what took place during the course of the last year and the degree to which the President enlisted the whole departments of government in the elicit aim of trying to get Ukraine to dig up dirt on a political opponent, as well as further a conspiracy theory of the 2016 election that he believed would be beneficial to his re-election campaign,” he added.

WH Hangs Onto ‘No Quid Pro Quo’ Defense Even After Sondland Confirmed It

The White House is holding tight to its “no quid pro quo” defense, even after EU Ambassador Gordon Sondland confirmed it in a revision to his previous testimony in the House impeachment probe.

During a segment on “Fox & Friends” Wednesday morning, White House counselor Kellyanne Conway argued that “no quid pro quo is proven” in Sondland’s revised testimony. In three new pages of sworn testimony Tuesday, Sondland confirmed that he told an aide to Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky that congressionally approved military aid would be depend on the Ukrainian government’s public announcement that it would probe the gas company that former Vice President Joe Biden’s son sat on the board of as well as the origins of the Russia probe.

In other words — pro quo, meet quid.

“I actually thought the transcript releases, and even what he thought he was supplementing there, proved nothing yesterday and here is why,” Conway said, citing page 106 of Sondland’s transcript. “He very clearly says that he engaged in no small talk with President Trump, and he clearly asked him what do you want from Ukraine? And President Trump said, I want them to do what they ran on which is anti-corruption. There was no quid pro quo in that conversation.”

Conway then took issue with Sondland stating in his revised testimony that he’d “presumed that the aid suspension had become linked to the proposed anti-corruption statement,” before launching into a rant about the idea of impeaching a President less than a year before the 2020 election.

“How are we going to impeach President an extraordinary event in our constitutional democracy, less than a year away from the next election?” Conway said. “We’re going to impeach a president because one witness has said my interpretation was X. Another witness says I presumed Y.”

Conway went on to argue that because the whistleblower was not on the call between Trump and Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky and “saw the transcript apparently when the rest of the world saw the transcript,” the media is “trying to knit together very specious and very sparse claims from individuals.”

Conway’s remarks echoed White House press secretary Stephanie Grisham’s Tuesday statement when she argued that Sondland’s updated testimony shows how “there is even less evidence for this illegitimate impeachment sham than previously thought.”

Grisham, who also took aim at Sondland stating that “did not know, (and still does not know) when, why or by whom the aid was suspended,” pinned her blame on media coverage of the impeachment inquiry.

“No amount of salacious media-biased headlines, which are clearly designed to influence the narrative, change the fact that the President has done nothing wrong,” Grisham said in the statement.

Jordan Says Sondland Testimony Was His ‘Opinion’ While Volker’s Was ‘Definitive’

Rep. Jim Jordan’s (R-OH) reactions to the revised testimony of EU Ambassador Gordon Sondland and the testimony of special envoy to Ukraine Kurt Volker are night and day.

According to CNN Wednesday, Jordan dismissed the EU ambassador’s revised testimony by saying that “it is Sondland’s opinion.” The three new pages of Sondland’s sworn testimony released Tuesday confirmed that congressionally approved military aid hinged on the Ukrainian government’s public support of an investigation into the gas company that former Vice President Joe Biden’s son sat on the board of and the origins of the Russia probe.

Jordan specifically railed against the section of Sondland’s revised testimony that states that he’d “presumed that the aid suspension had become linked to the proposed anti-corruption statement.” Earlier Wednesday, White House counselor Kellyanne Conway took aim at the same section of Sondland’s testimony.

Jordan then argued that Volker’s testimony is a “definitive account.” Volker’s testimony, in which he claims that he wasn’t aware of any quid pro quo, gave an inside account of how Trump’s personal lawyer Rudy Giuliani pressured the Ukrainian government to help Trump dig up false allegations on his political rivals.

“You all want to make a big deal out of Mr. Sondland’s presumption that he had in his statement yesterday, but Mr. Volker is the one who has, in my mind, a definitive account,” Jordan said. “I trust the call, I trust President Zelensky and President Trump and I trust the fact that the Ukrainians didn’t know that aid had been held and Ukrainians did nothing to get it released when it was released.”

Politico Playbook reported Wednesday morning that a handful of Republicans on Capitol Hill are ready to throw Sondland — who was expected to be a staunch Trump ally during the impeachment proceedings — under the bus following the release of his revised testimony.

Jordan’s response to the testimonies come a day after he confirmed his possible move to the House Intelligence Committee during a Tuesday morning appearance on “Fox & Friends.”

Earlier this week, Jordan shot down Trump’s claim that House Intel Chair Adam Schiff (D-CA) “will change the words” of impeachment inquiry transcripts.

Back