Welcome To aBlackWeb

Explain The Appeal Of This Style Of Rapping

That's my point. Kane started off rapping regular. He had a couple of joints on his first album with uptempo beats (Raw and Set It Off, and later The Wrath of Kane). Rakim upped the ante with Follow The Leader and later Let The Rhythm Hit Em, which were uptempo songs, but they weren't speed rapping.

Then on the Juice Soundtrack BDK had a song called Nuff Respect, which may have been the beginning of Speed Rap.

I understand what he was trying to do, but I didn't like it.

So to answer your question, I liked Kane better when he rapped at regular speed. Ditto for Busta. I liked the way he was rapping on Put Your Hands Where My Eyes Could See. I didn't really care for the faster stuff because I couldn't understand what he was saying.

Fam, Busta always flipped back and forth between the fast shit and "normal" speed; that's really his style.

You can normally tell who the naturally fast rappers are because you can still understand what they are saying, like BTNH for example... They make rapping sound effortlessly and clear...

:ualreadyknow: That shit extremely hard to do. So I gotta respect the ones that do it well. Sound good when done right also

For me, I enjoy the change of pace ...
after jay z change his pace of rapping
with his albums RD and V1 when he released
V2 and did Nigga What, Nigga Who

him reverting back to his norm was amazing to me...and there are plenty of track where rappers spit fast this was just an example

Back