Welcome To aBlackWeb

Explain Ether To Me

the REACTION to ether is the answer

a rushed response and being up on hot 97 discombobulated over the whole thing is what should be evidence enough outside of the track itself (which has been broken down 1000s of times over the years)

So where in that 2 mins and 46 seconds was there any mention of him crying?

And that’s where you nig gas’s imagination be going into full weirdo mode. Stop perpetuating bullshit
She talks about how he sounded defeated, how he was off and not his normal confident, in charge self. She talks about how she was worried it was gonna ruin their relationship because he was so affected. But sure man.

She talks about how he sounded defeated, how he was off and not his normal confident, in charge self. She talks about how she was worried it was gonna ruin their relationship because he was so affected. But sure man.

Where is the mention of CRYING tho?

Keep it based.

But maybe I’m ignorant to Nas and Jay history and I just don’t get what was said.
This. Come on, we talking South Carolina 2000-2001 ?

"riight"

come on man y'all was still riding horse and carriages. Don't pull up today trying to revise hip hop history

When he said compared to Beans you wack was crazy.... Cuz beans was the unofficial security for the ROC back then.... He was the bully.. Jay was the type nigga who only talked tough cuz niggaz like ty-ty and beans backed him up

i think the main two things in play was that:

1. jay-z was extremely arrogant and cocky around this time. he always had been that way, but he was extra feeling himself from vol 3 to the blueprint and to a lot of ppl his shots at nas and mobb deep made him look like a bully

2. nas was a beloved god emcee that many ppl felt had fallen off, so for him to return fire was a win by itself and it gave hope to all the fans that were against jay’s arrogance and reign…

that’s all i got

"You a well wishing friendly acting envy hiding snake"

The point of Ether was to point out the shifty nature of the one and only Jay-z. That he only played niggas close just to turn around and shit on them. He did it with Biggie, And the shots Jay threw at Nas were just another example of his shiftiness.

Points out how he still uses Big's legacy to fuel his own while talking down on him.

"First BIG's your man then you got the nerve to say that you're better than BIG/Dick sucking lips won't you let the late great veteran live."

"How many of Biggie's rhymes gon come out yo fat lips?"

And the that he's doing the same with Nas.

"Smilin in my face glad to break bread with the god"

"Callin my crib when I ain't even give you my number/all I did was give you a style for you to run with."

"Wanted to be on every last one of my classics"

Crazy punchlines? No. Wild shock value lines? Not really but this was character assessment.

Shouldn't even have to explain at this point though:

"The Jones can't keep up, except for Nasir, but I got stronger after Ether" - the target of said diss track.

"You a well wishing friendly acting envy hiding snake"

The point of Ether was to point out the shifty nature of the one and only Jay-z. That he only played niggas close just to turn around and shit on them. He did it with Biggie, And the shots Jay threw at Nas were just another example of his shiftiness.

Points out how he still uses Big's legacy to fuel his own while talking down on him.

"First BIG's your man then you got the nerve to say that you're better than BIG/Dick sucking lips won't you let the late great veteran live."

"How many of Biggie's rhymes gon come out yo fat lips?"

And the that he's doing the same with Nas.

"Smilin in my face glad to break bread with the god"

"Callin my crib when I ain't even give you my number/all I did was give you a style for you to run with."

"Wanted to be on every last one of my classics"

Crazy punchlines? No. Wild shock value lines? Not really but this was character assessment.

Shouldn't even have to explain at this point though:

"The Jones can't keep up, except for Nasir, but I got stronger after Ether" - the target of said diss track.

This is cap bro…

Jay never did Big “shifty”…they were boys till tha end and had a whole group comin’ out…stop it lol

Nas Stans run wit tha narrative of “Jay bitin’ Biggie and he only hot cuz he use Big’s rhymes”…that shit is far from true lol…any time Jay uses a Big rhyme you know it’s a Big rhyme and it’s done so in a way where he’s not letting Biggie’s memory fade…

Annnd Nas callin’ out “Jay’s ways”??!! To WHO?? Nas?!?! lol…they weren’t boys…they were practically coworkers…who knows if Jay was tryin’ to be on Nas’ shit or vice versa…it was an angle that Nas used which he was supposed to do on a rap beef…Let’s not forget Nas had issues wit damn near ALL his “Queens niggaz” At some point too right?! Cornea, Prodigy, Nature, NORE…therse were official Queens street jigga who had issues wit Sun so we not gonna act like Nas is some hip-hop puritan who was out here clean in tha game lmaooo

Either way Ether was fire and so was Takeover and BP2 and so on and so forth…but acting like Ether wasn’t just a lot of false narratives and gay jokes and is tha craziest diss in history is some Nas fandom stuff

Back