Welcome To aBlackWeb

Exes being close to your family. Cool or not cool

Is it appropriate for an ex to still be very close to your family?

• No, very inappropriate

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yeah, it's cool

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It depends

Votes: 4 100.0%

• Total voters

MzLyricist

How much better is it to get wisdom than gold!
What y'all think about this. A serious ex who developed a relationship with your family, coming to cook outs, birthday parties, etc.

Personally... I think its wack for an ex to still kick it with your fam. Most times they take this route in an effort to get back with you or keep tabs on you. Which is controlling AF. I had an ex who worked with my cousin and every day he was at her desk with his loud ass cologne trying to chop it up. He gave her things to give me and tried to discuss his other relationships, hoping she would tell me. lol all we would talk about was his loud ass cologne stinking up the office. What a joke....';';''

But I do have an ex that got close with my brother and they're still tight til this day so I guess it depends.

Personally... I think its wack for an ex to still kick it with your fam. Most times they take this route in an effort to get back with you or keep tabs on you. Which is controlling AF. I had an ex who worked with my cousin and every day he was at her desk with his loud ass cologne trying to chop it up. He gave her things to give me and tried to discuss his other relationships, hoping she would tell me. lol all we would talk about was his loud ass cologne stinking up the office. What a joke....';';''

But I do have an ex that got close with my brother and they're still tight til this day so I guess it depends.
I agree lmaooo if there's no ties such as kids, then even if they are really close to the fam then I feel they need to move around lol

I agree lmaooo if there's no ties such as kids, then even if they are really close to the fam then I feel they need to move around lol
right because half the time my family is well aware of what you did to cause us to break up. My momma no longer likes you B lmaooo

Meh...it depends on how the relationship ended. It starts there.

B/c if ya'll ended on good terms, was a mutual break up, hold NO ill feelings, and y'all are still good friends, then I don't see a problem with that.

I actually don't have an issue with that.

That's their relationship that they created when we may have been together.

If I developed a relationship with my girl's brother/uncle/parents or whoever and I see them out and about, I will speak, but that's as far it will go with me.

It's a problem, if I break up with a chick my family gotta end their relationship with her just like my friends should do.

I mean I can understand how they grew to become family but once I'm out of a relationship with that person, out of respect for my next boyfriend, ex boo gon have to move around. I'm hella close to my exes family but I don't go chilling at their house or family functions like that because he has a new gf. I was invited to the holiday dinner and I had to decline. I love them but nah fam. Ain't going down like that.

Back