Ever Notice Jay Z Never Did A Song With Anybody From Wu Tang?

It's their fault

It's their fault

I mean, the Ghostface interview doesn't really explain why Jay never worked with anybody from Wu.

And that Show and Prove joint shouldn't even count. It was before Jay got on and it wasn't on a Jay album or a Wu album. The song wasn't even by Jay or Wu Tang.

I mean, Jay went solo in 96, when Wu was still at their apex. Wu was still a top tier group until around 2000 and then the solo members (most notably Ghostface) started branching out.

I just think it's strange that Jay was the biggest rapper from around 97 until about, well, now and they've never really done a proper collaboration.

I mean, the Ghostface interview doesn't really explain why Jay never worked with anybody from Wu
My nigga tf u mean?
Ghost said Jay reached out and He is the one who turned in the project too late. Df

• Haha
Reactions: Revolver Ocelot
My nigga tf u mean?
Ghost said Jay reached out and He is the one who turned in the project too late. Df

OK, but there's 9 members and they've both (Jay Z and Wu Tang) been around for almost 30 years. They're both Hall of Fame artists. You'd think there would be a better explanation of why they never worked together.

I would have thought Jay and Meth would have worked together in the late 90s.

• Haha
Reactions: 100MBS
I think Jay got verses from Rae and Ghost for a song. He just hasn't used them yet. He's on some different shit now though, so if those R&G verses are still on some mafioso shit, he probably has no desire to use them anymore.

Reactions: 313 Wayz
I think it was after the whole "Em murdered you on your own shit" that Jay wasn't about to fuck with nobody that could legit out rhyme him and run the risk of being bodied on his own song again.

That would mean pretty much all the Wu that anyone wants to even hear, so I could see him doing a joint with like Masta Killa or U-God, but that's about it.

I think it was after the whole "Em murdered you on your own shit" that Jay wasn't about to fuck with nobody that could legit out rhyme him and run the risk of being bodied on his own song again.

That would mean pretty much all the Wu that anyone wants to even hear, so I could see him doing a joint with like Masta Killa or U-God, but that's about it.
Yet he's done songs with the very nigga who said that afterwards. So who was he supposed to be scared of?

Reactions: Revolver Ocelot
OK, but there's 9 members and they've both (Jay Z and Wu Tang) been around for almost 30 years. They're both Hall of Fame artists. You'd think there would be a better explanation of why they never worked together.

I would have thought Jay and Meth would have worked together in the late 90s.
You really checking for that new Jay Z and U God? Lol

Like guys have posted in this thread, Jay has done bits here and there but tbh his style isnt a great match or blend with the typical WU tracks...

Jay also changed his style quite regularly to show his growth as he progressed throughout the years, starting from the choppy/triple time Jay, then progressing to the the lyrical, gangsta, smooth, mafioso, baller, businessman and now the current 'grown man' Jay...