Welcome To aBlackWeb

ESPN Lets Go of 100 Employees

I started to make a thread about this but I assumed nobody gave a shit

They chopped off all the hockey reporters with the exception of Barry Melrose. I was surprised the got rid of Jason Stark for baseball, Buster Olney about to get all the baseball time now.

I had assumed it was gonna be no name people that the viewers wouldn't know but they taking out known people.

Last edited:
Well some of these peoples brands have gone beyond ESPN to the point where they could do their own thing, get sponsors, and still be ok. To me, this might be the best move for a lot of those dudes so they can have the creative freedom to really do what they want

Espn is eventually gonna be totally online based in the next decade mark my words. Same thing happened with g4tv idk if anyone else besides @AP21 knows about that channel but it was basically all about gaming and it was good up until gaming started getting hot on the internet with sites like youtube, ign, neogaf, etc. They where doing the coverage of games better and most importantly quicker and they could to some extent talk to people making the games while reading about gaming news. Eventually g4tv died because they couldn't keep up with the new medium and I think the same thing is happening with espn.

The only reason it's taken espn this long to die is because they show live sports, it's the only thing keeping them alive at this point.

Espn is eventually gonna be totally online based in the next decade mark my words. Same thing happened with g4tv idk if anyone else besides @AP21 knows about that channel but it was basically all about gaming and it was good up until gaming started getting hot on the internet with sites like youtube, ign, neogaf, etc. They where doing the coverage of games better and most importantly quicker and they could to some extent talk to people making the games while reading about gaming news. Eventually g4tv died because they couldn't keep up with the new medium and I think the same thing is happening with espn.

The only reason it's taken espn this long to die is because they show live sports, it's the only thing keeping them alive at this point.

Amd more and more of the masses are starting to get hip to how to circumvent paying for live sport viewing as well

If their was a legit a la carte option for live sports, I wouldn't mind paying but I'm paying so that I don't see commercials in my eyes at least. Why would I pay to still see commercials

Maybe they have different tiers or something to differentiate between premium and free. Idk

G4tv was my shit

If their was a legit a la carte option for live sports, I wouldn't mind paying but I'm paying so that I don't see commercials in my eyes at least. Why would I pay to still see commercials

Maybe they have different tiers or something to differentiate between premium and free. Idk
A la carte and month to month is literally the only thing that can save cable and satellite tv companies.

If they continue with long term contracts...they dead

Back