Welcome To aBlackWeb

Elon Musk Purchases Twitter for $41.39 billion, Elon becomes first person ever to lose $200 Billion Dollars

Holy shit........

Here are the largest initial investors in the deal, and what their stakes were worth when they bought in and what they’re worth today, extrapolating from Fidelity’s calculations.

Methodology
Fidelity recently valued what was initially a $19.66 million Twitter stake in its Blue Chip Growth Fund at about 72 percent less than when Musk purchased the social media company, a valuation that has remained relatively steady. The Post applied the 72 percent drop to the initial investor stakes reported in filings to the SEC, or revealed in public comments and individual confirmations of entities’ involvement.

Elon Musk​

Return to menu
Investment: $33.5 billion commitment, consisting of Tesla shares and his own wealth, along with co-investors, including those listed below.
2024 value: $9.38 billion
Difference: -$24.12 Billion
Public comment, April 25, 2022: “ want to make Twitter better than ever by enhancing the product with new features, making the algorithms open source to increase trust, defeating the spam bots, and authenticating all humans,” Musk said in a news release. “Twitter has tremendous potential — I look forward to working with the company and the community of users to unlock it.”
Musk and X did not respond to requests for comment.

Prince Alwaleed bin Talal (and Kingdom Holding Co.)​

Return to menu
Investment: $1.89 billion
2024 value: $529.2 million
Difference: -$1.36 billion
Public comments at the time:
After first publicly rejecting the offer on April 14, 2022, the prince embraced a deal May 5, 2022: “I believe [Elon Musk] will be an excellent leader for @Twitter to propel & maximise its great potential @Kingdom_KHC & I look forward to roll our ~$1.9bn in the “new” @Twitter and join you on this exciting journey.”
Alwaleed declined to disclose the specifics of his conversations with Musk leading up to his investment but said he was “fighting to stay in the company” because he believed Musk’s initial offer was too low.
“We are very happy with the alliance with Mr. Musk,” Alwaleed said, adding that he continues to see massive upside to his investment. “We categorically reject any discount to [the] company.”

Jack Dorsey, Twitter co-founder and former CEO​

Return to menu
Investment: $1 billion
2024 value: $280 million
Difference: -$720 million
Public comments on April 25, 2022: “In principle, I don’t believe anyone should own or run Twitter. It wants to be a public good at a protocol level, not a company. Solving for the problem of it being a company however, Elon is the singular solution I trust. I trust his mission to extend the light of consciousness.”
Dorsey did not respond to a request for comment but publicly expressed regret after Musk’s purchase.

Larry Ellison, Oracle co-founder and board chairman​

Return to menu
Investment: $1 billion
2024 value: $280 million
Difference: -$720 million
No public comments at the time.
Ellison did not respond to a request for comment.

Sequoia Capital​

Return to menu
Investment: $800 million
2024 value: $224 million
Difference: -$576 million
Sequoia did not respond to a request for comment.

Vy Capital​

Return to menu
Investment: $700 million
2024 value: $196 million
Difference: -$504 million
Vy Capital did not respond to a request for comment.

Binance​

Return to menu
Investment: $500 million
2024 investment value: $140 million
Difference: -$360 million
Public comments, May 5, 2022: “We’re excited to be able to help Elon realize a new vision for Twitter,” said Binance’s then-CEO, Changpeng Zhao.
Binance did not respond to a request for comment.

Andreessen Horowitz​

Return to menu
Investment: $400 million
2024 value: $112 million
Difference: -$288 million
Horowitz did not respond to a request for comment.

Qatar Investment Authority​

Return to menu
Investment: $375 million
2024 value: $105 million
Difference: -$270 million
No known public comments at the time.
Mansoor Bin Ebrahim Al-Mahmoud, the CEO of the Qatar Investment Authority, expressed support of Musk last year, Bloomberg News reported: “We trust his leadership in terms of turning around the company,” he said.
The Qatar Investment Authority declined to comment.

Back