Welcome To aBlackWeb

Eddie Murphy Returning To Stand Up

Murphy's jokes were "disparaging," the statement said, adding, "One would think that Mr. Murphy was given his freedom to leave the plantation, so that he could make his own decisions; but he decided to sell himself back to being a Hollywood Slave."

Wyatt's statement then appeared to accuse Murphy of perpetuating racial stereotypes by saying he was "cooning" and comparing him to Stepin Fetchit, the stage name of actor Lincoln Perry, who embodied racist cliches.

"Remember, Mr. Murphy, that Bill Cosby became legendary because he used comedy to humanize all races, religions and genders; but your attacking Mr. Cosby helps you embark on just becoming click bait," Wyatt's statement said.

"Hopefully, you will be amenable to having a meeting of the minds conversation," the statement said, "in order to discuss how we can use our collective platforms to enhance Black people rather than bringing all of us down together."

Bruh, I knew that Cosby joke burned....

But shit, this is crazy....

Eddie the man for saying that shit. The set up was fucking brilliant. And he moved on so causally and professionally...

I mean, Eddie gotta tell that joke to be Eddie. Mad comedians got Cosby jokes..... But Eddie and this nigga got history.... And that history ain't sweet.

I'm sorry, if I felt like a nigga was actively trying to hold me down while maintaining a holier than thou vibe while trying to claim my act is trash....

And decades later this nigga get hemmed up on some serial rapist shit????

While I'm on my comeback shit???

Maaaannnn.... Eddie had to tell that joke.

Shit was real as fuck.

Bill can take a joke

Amazing how that Cosby shyt STILL sticks wit Eddie til this day. He even mentioned it in Seinfeld's show on Netflix.

Amazing how that Cosby shyt STILL sticks wit Eddie til this day. He even mentioned it in Seinfeld's show on Netflix.
I don't think it's amazing.

Like imagine breaking your way into the game, and one of your biggest inspirations turns into your biggest critic.

That shit had to be devastating.

Then imagine meeting another inspiration, and he keeps it G like... "Man fuck that nigga, tell him I said suck my dick"

I'd create a life long "fuck you" to that niggs too.....

By the way, I have watched every episode of SNL for at least the past decade and this was one of the funniest by far. I was a little worried his old characters wouldn’t translate to today, but they did, with maybe the exception of Buckwheat.

I only wish he had gone on when Bill Hader and Kristen Wiig were on there cause that cast was much funnier than this one.

Either way, great episode.

I don't think it's amazing.

Like imagine breaking your way into the game, and one of your biggest inspirations turns into your biggest critic.

That shit had to be devastating.

Then imagine meeting another inspiration, and he keeps it G like... "Man fuck that nigga, tell him I said suck my dick"

I'd create a life long "fuck you" to that niggs too.....

Exactly.

Bill could've been like "i'm proud of these young brothers, doing their thing in comedy" but instead he chose to chastise on some "do comedy my way or not at all".

Back