Welcome To aBlackWeb

Eboni K Williams under fire for claiming that men who work blue collar jobs are “mediocre”

Saw that and her Breakfast club interview where she tried to explain it further and there's 2 problems I see.

1st is her tone is condescending as fuck. It's amazing the have a career based on public speaking and be so bad at it. Like this response and her BC appearance were just a masterclass on why how you deliver a message matters and how when that's fucked up your entire point can get lost. She also needs to understand that her definition of success isnt universal and you can't tell others what theirs should be either. You can't define other people's lives for them. People can like who they like but what she kept missing is you don't have to denigrate others in the process and if you fuck up its mature to acknowledge that and not tell people to just get past their feelings. People's feelings do matter up to a certain point. Which leads to the next thing.

The other thing is men reacting to this shit the same way women react to a random nigga saying "I don't like *insert random type of woman here*" and women start reacting as if they actually had a fucking chance to begin with. 98% of the men mad at this ain't never gonna meet this woman, talk to this woman or have a shot with this woman and other women who think like her so why be so concerned with people who don't like you? Like who likes you. But niggas being as mad as some have gotten on social media about this is just stupid. She said some dumb shit, doubled down on it and instead of using that to weed out women like her it's turning into trying to convince them of your worth. And anytime you gotta convince somebody you're worthy of basic respect then you've already lost that fight.

Everybody got their wants and needs. Good thing there are women out there who dont think like this.

Heres the full breakfast club interview. Just watching this tells you everything you need to know about her personality. Never thought I'd side with DJ Envy on something.
As you can imagine, the comment section is a shit show

Heres the full breakfast club interview. Just watching this tells you everything you need to know about her personality. Never thought I'd side with DJ Envy on something.
As you can imagine, the comment section is a shit show

I haven't watched yet, but from what I see a lot of the people in the comments agree with her.

I don't know if she put a spin on her stance but they seem to take what she's saying simply as black people shouldn't be satisfied with mediocrity. I don't understand what that means though. The majority of people in any group are around average. Most people in the world aren't high level professionals. Most people of all races are worker bees. Now if she's saying that everyone should do their best to maximize their potential, I can agree with that. However, her stance before seemed to be more that people who are satisfied with certain levels are beneath her and that's not cool. At the end of the day, everybody is looking for their own happiness. If she doesn't believe a bus driver can provide what she needs to be happy, that's one thing, but she was talking like there is something inherently wrong with a man that's satisfied with being a bus driver.

I haven't watched yet, but from what I see a lot of the people in the comments agree with her.

I don't know if she put a spin on her stance but they seem to take what she's saying simply as black people shouldn't be satisfied with mediocrity. I don't understand what that means though. The majority of people in any group are around average. Most people in the world aren't high level professionals. Most people of all races are worker bees. Now if she's saying that everyone should do their best to maximize their potential, I can agree with that. However, her stance before seemed to be more that people who are satisfied with certain levels are beneath her and that's not cool. At the end of the day, everybody is looking for their own happiness. If she doesn't believe a bus driver can provide what she needs to be happy, that's one thing, but she was talking like there is something inherently wrong with a man that's satisfied with being a bus driver.

It’s the we have to work twice hard thing taken too far. I got an older brother working part time for city of DC driving metro making 42 hourly. And drove tour buses and security for Ginuwine for years wife does consulting but both hbcu grads i think and able to live in DC so that’s more than good by most standards.

These folks online are just too extreme with bullshit like this. If she want a rich dude say it but don’t dress the shit up or belittle

Maybe I'm just out of touch, but seriously... Who is this broad???
Former Real Housewives of NY (yet never married and got iced out by the real housewives then let go) and former Fox News contributor who was engaged to a white man

Hence why she deflected to that status quo of the Black community when her statement about not wanting to date a bus driver went left.

She currently has a show on the Grio which is owned by Byron Allen. The same dude who sued major networks and corporations who didn't want to do business with his subpar networks

It’s the we have to work twice hard thing taken too far. I got an older brother working part time for city of DC driving metro making 42 hourly. And drove tour buses and security for Ginuwine for years wife does consulting but both hbcu grads i think and able to live in DC so that’s more than good by most standards.

These folks online are just too extreme with bullshit like this. If she want a rich dude say it but don’t dress the shit up or belittle
She want a rich dude but they don’t want her

That’s prolly why she single right now….it’s very rare to find a person who is gonna check all your boxes including the ridiculous ones

And ppl don’t understand that life flies by u spending life chasing some shit that don’t exist next thing u know u in your 40s signing up to dating sites and getting companionship from cats lol

Im callin bs on a bus driver making 42 hr. Bro must work 20 hrs lol.

Back