Welcome To aBlackWeb

Dwight Howard’s 12yo Son Braylon Calls Him Out For Being A Deadbeat Father, Says He Hates Him

UPDATE:
1604002061347.png

Dwight Howard isn’t living the best time in his personal life. The Los Angeles Lakers center just won his first NBA championship a couple of weeks ago, is linked with a move to Golden State but not everything is happy for the veteran player. Howard’s first son and baby momma have been attacking him in recent days, calling him out on social media for being an absent father, accusing him of more things.

First, the woman, Royce Reed, took to Instagram to let people know what was going on with Dwight, asking fans if they would cheer for a person that had forgotten his son, even though they were in the same area (Orlando).

More recently, Braylon spoke out about this situation, making even bolder claims about his father, even telling Howard that he hates him. Something huge for a 12-year-old.

Well, now Dwight has opened up about this whole situation, denying that he’s been a deadbeat father and explaining what is going on in his life and all the time he’s spent with his kids in recent months. Nina Brown, a host of the Frank Ski Radio Show, asked Dwight about this whole situation and the player clarified what has been said about him in recent days.

“I’m not the person to get online or go through the media and bash anybody. The only thing I will address is the issue of anybody thinking I’m a deadbeat father. Currently, I have a child with me now. My son lives with me. There’s no way I could be a deadbeat dad if I have a son that lives with me. The situation with my other son, it’s unfortunate that a lot of things have been made public.

But even before this season started back up, he lived with me for three months. He stayed in my house, we woke up every morning, we worked out together, we ran together, we ate together. We did everything together. I followed me around the whole house. It was the most time me and have spent like that…

A lot of things that are being said, I hate that it’s our own people making it seem as though I’m somebody that I’m not. I’ve always been a great father. Is there areas of improvement? Of course, just like there is in life, with basketball , in anything that I do. I’ve never been that type of person. I lost one of my son’s mom–passed away earlier this year. I was given the responsibility to have my son with me full time. And he really has changed my life. He was one of the biggest reasons why I was able to go out there and help this team win the championship. There’s no way I could be this person that people say I am.

He also talked about Reece’s comments towards him and his parenting skills, playing down those remarks, saying it was important for the kid to have both parents in his life.
D-12 said he hadn’t talked with Braylon about this situation but used the platform to send a message to him and his mother.

“No matter what is going on, I love my son. I would never disrespect his mom. One day, we’ll be able to get past this toxicity and realize that we’re living in a day now where they’ve killed off a lot of our Black men. And I don’t want anything to ever happen to my son. He’s too precious. His voice is great. He has a great mind. He’s spiritually inclined and I don’t want none of his life being taken away by toxic behavior from anybody. I love him to death, he knows that. He’ll always know that. Braylon has had the best life he can possibly have. He’s gone to the best schools.

I’ve been a provider for him. Anything that he’s ever needed or wanted, he’s always had. And I would never put him in a position like that. He is my firstborn son. He has my name and I will always take care of him. But I think it’s going to turn out great for all of us. We just have to be able to change our mindset, how we speak, how we act and how we treat each other. So instead of me responding out of hate, I’m going to keep responding out of love. It’s too much hate and negativity.”

I dont know any of them so I wont speculate. I will say one must learn to balance work and time with loved ones. Not talking bout Howard directly.

UPDATE:
View attachment 389452

Dwight Howard isn’t living the best time in his personal life. The Los Angeles Lakers center just won his first NBA championship a couple of weeks ago, is linked with a move to Golden State but not everything is happy for the veteran player. Howard’s first son and baby momma have been attacking him in recent days, calling him out on social media for being an absent father, accusing him of more things.

First, the woman, Royce Reed, took to Instagram to let people know what was going on with Dwight, asking fans if they would cheer for a person that had forgotten his son, even though they were in the same area (Orlando).

More recently, Braylon spoke out about this situation, making even bolder claims about his father, even telling Howard that he hates him. Something huge for a 12-year-old.

Well, now Dwight has opened up about this whole situation, denying that he’s been a deadbeat father and explaining what is going on in his life and all the time he’s spent with his kids in recent months. Nina Brown, a host of the Frank Ski Radio Show, asked Dwight about this whole situation and the player clarified what has been said about him in recent days.

“I’m not the person to get online or go through the media and bash anybody. The only thing I will address is the issue of anybody thinking I’m a deadbeat father. Currently, I have a child with me now. My son lives with me. There’s no way I could be a deadbeat dad if I have a son that lives with me. The situation with my other son, it’s unfortunate that a lot of things have been made public.

But even before this season started back up, he lived with me for three months. He stayed in my house, we woke up every morning, we worked out together, we ran together, we ate together. We did everything together. I followed me around the whole house. It was the most time me and have spent like that…

A lot of things that are being said, I hate that it’s our own people making it seem as though I’m somebody that I’m not. I’ve always been a great father. Is there areas of improvement? Of course, just like there is in life, with basketball , in anything that I do. I’ve never been that type of person. I lost one of my son’s mom–passed away earlier this year. I was given the responsibility to have my son with me full time. And he really has changed my life. He was one of the biggest reasons why I was able to go out there and help this team win the championship. There’s no way I could be this person that people say I am.

He also talked about Reece’s comments towards him and his parenting skills, playing down those remarks, saying it was important for the kid to have both parents in his life.
D-12 said he hadn’t talked with Braylon about this situation but used the platform to send a message to him and his mother.

“No matter what is going on, I love my son. I would never disrespect his mom. One day, we’ll be able to get past this toxicity and realize that we’re living in a day now where they’ve killed off a lot of our Black men. And I don’t want anything to ever happen to my son. He’s too precious. His voice is great. He has a great mind. He’s spiritually inclined and I don’t want none of his life being taken away by toxic behavior from anybody. I love him to death, he knows that. He’ll always know that. Braylon has had the best life he can possibly have. He’s gone to the best schools.

I’ve been a provider for him. Anything that he’s ever needed or wanted, he’s always had. And I would never put him in a position like that. He is my firstborn son. He has my name and I will always take care of him. But I think it’s going to turn out great for all of us. We just have to be able to change our mindset, how we speak, how we act and how we treat each other. So instead of me responding out of hate, I’m going to keep responding out of love. It’s too much hate and negativity.”

Props to Howard for taking the high road.

Muthafuccas wanna wait until he's at his highest of highs to bring him down.

I mean if they in the same city he could at least go see the kid. I get all that shit about bms and etc but he got money and more influence. I feel like niggas put themselves in position for shit like this.

I mean if they in the same city he could at least go see the kid. I get all that shit about bms and etc but he got money and more influence. I feel like niggas put themselves in position for shit like this.
If true......

Reactions: GNS
Back