Poll Dusty Rings ?

How many years?

• 5 years

• 10 years

• 15 years

• 20+ years

• We could’ve won with leather helmets, I’m bringing it up in debates

Results are only viewable after voting.
I feel like NBA rings don't mean anything now. Mutha fuckas are winning them with boardroom decisions not actual competitive play. The Lakers just got a championship by winning a Finals series with a pretty stacked team against a team that wouldn't have even been in the finals in a competitive league.

I'm wrong? What's been the talk for the last week or so? How the Nets should be considered favorites for the championship because they stacked the deck. I'll give the Toronto team credit and the pre-Kevin Durant GS teams credit, but aside from them when is the last time we've seen a team without a championship without someone trying to create a super team?

NBA has always been an arms race ever since I have been watching it.

The NBA has always been the most star driven league. I believe that's true.

But there is a difference between making sure you have the best star and supporting case and trying to get the most stars you can on the same team.

Now it's common to see 2 or 3 top 5-10 players trying to get on the same team. I believe that's something new. Let's be real, a lot more players could have had rings in the Jordan era if they were trying to do shit like this rather than win organically.

The NBA has always been the most star driven league. I believe that's true.

But there is a difference between making sure you have the best star and supporting case and trying to get the most stars you can on the same team.

Now it's common to see 2 or 3 top 5-10 players trying to get on the same team. I believe that's something new. Let's be real, a lot more players could have had rings in the Jordan era if they were trying to do shit like this rather than win organically.
Players didn't have the power to make moves like they do now plus out of touch gm's were still trying to build around bigs. Bulls were ahead of the curve.

Players didn't have the power to make moves like they do now plus out of touch gm's were still trying to build around bigs. Bulls were ahead of the curve.

Yeah I get it. From a business standpoint, I applaud the players for taking control. However, as a fan of competition, it's the reason I haven't really watched the NBA much since Lebron first took his talent to South Beach.

Yeah I get it. From a business standpoint, I applaud the players for taking control. However, as a fan of competition, it's the reason I haven't really watched the NBA much since Lebron first took his talent to South Beach.

Competition?

do you know the history of the champions in the NBA?

Competition?

do you know the history of the champions in the NBA?

I'm sure you know the history better than me.

So go ahead and tell me about all the championship teams in the 70s, 80s, 90s, 00s that were constructed like the championship teams nowadays.

Tell me about all the times that top tier talent lost to a championship contending team one year and then joined that team the following year.

You're missing out imo. I personally think no matter who teams up it still comes down to the franchise being run by an excellent front office. Lakers and Celtics in the 80's were winning titles and still maneuvering to get top draft picks. Chicago built their teams around MJ and Phil's triangle. The Spurs built their team around fundamentally sound players and defense. Shaq's Lakers (see Bulls blueprint). GSW built their team around shooters, positionless players, and ball movement. Once Lebron retires things will get back to more team-oriented franchise building lol.

You're missing out imo. I personally think no matter who teams up it still comes down to the franchise being run by an excellent front office. Lakers and Celtics in the 80's were winning titles and still maneuvering to get top draft picks. Chicago built their teams around MJ and Phil's triangle. The Spurs built their team around fundamentally sound players and defense. Shaq's Lakers (see Bulls blueprint). GSW built their team around shooters, positionless players, and ball movement. Once Lebron retires things will get back to more team-oriented franchise building lol.

You think so? I think the game has been changed forever. You can't put that genie back in the bottle.

When Bron is done, some other player will step up to fill the void. Now that players know they can do this shit, the will continue to do it.
They don't have the cache Lebron does. Steph, Harden, KD etc. getting up there in age. The others ain't proved themselves yet. AD got where he is bcuz of Lebron.

I guess you guys don't remember when The Bulls had MJ and Scottie, and then they added Dennis Rodman to make an indestructible team.

I think that was the beginning of "stacking the deck". Because they could have won with just MJ and Scottie.

I guess you guys don't remember when The Bulls had MJ and Scottie, and then they added Dennis Rodman to make an indestructible team.

I think that was the beginning of "stacking the deck". Because they could have won with just MJ and Scottie.

How was that stacking the deck? MJ and Scottie were drafted to the Bulls. They didn't plot behind close doors to join up. Scottie was also developed on that team. He didn't come into the league as a top tier talent, and the Bulls as a whole developed through play and trial and error. Dennis was the only actual big time acquisition, and it's not like he was a top 10 talent at that point. He was a very good role player.

That does not at all compare to Lebron and Wade, two top 5 players at the time reaching out to Bosh, a top 10 player at the time, and deciding to come together to form a super team.

Back