Welcome To aBlackWeb

Duke Wendell Carter’s Mom Kylia Carter Breaks Down While Comparing The NCAA to Slavery

What do you think

• Right

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Wrong

Votes: 2 66.7%

• Total voters

Blanc06

Kylia-Carter-Wendell--390x205.png
Kylia Carter, the mother of Duke PF & future 2018 lottery pick Wendell Carter, had the ether for the NCAA today in a speech at the Knight Commission on Intercollegiate Athletics:
When you remove all the bling and the bells and the sneakers and all that…you’ve paid for a child to come to your school to do what you wanted them to do for you, for free, and you made a lot of money when he did that, and you’ve got all these rules in place that say he cannot share in any of that. The only other time when labor does not get paid but yet someone else gets profits and the labor is black and the profit is white, is in slavery.
To be honest with you…it’s nauseating.
Should the NCAA be removed? Yes, because I don’t trust it…You’re not to be trusted because your intentions are clear. Let’s call this group in the middle, let’s call it something else. Let’s put some real reform in there and call it something different and get rid of the current status quo because it’s based on indentured servitude.
You tell me it’s about education, and we’re giving you this fabulous education for your son to come to school here, so you’re paying him with the education for his talent…If that’s what you’re paying him — you’re paying him with education — why aren’t you making sure he gets it? Why aren’t you assigning somebody to him so if he is a one-and-done, why didn’t you automatically assign him an academic advisor so that when he leaves he’s got someone in his ear talking to him about the value of that education he left behind? Wendell doesn’t have that problem because I’m going to be there like a jackhammer, but all of the other kids, the thing you pay them to come to your school and do, most of them don’t ever get it.
Mrs. Carter also played basketball for Ole Miss, so she’s not mincing words here. She knows exactly what is she is talking about from first-hand experience.
In sum, somebody at the NCAA is getting fired today for letting the mic get into Mrs. Carter’s hands.

http://blacksportsonline.com

Last edited:
Kylia Carter, the mother of Duke PF & future 2018 lottery pick Wendell Carter, had the ether for the NCAA today in a speech at the Knight Commission on Intercollegiate Athletics:
When you remove all the bling and the bells and the sneakers and all that…you’ve paid for a child to come to your school to do what you wanted them to do for you, for free, and you made a lot of money when he did that, and you’ve got all these rules in place that say he cannot share in any of that. The only other time when labor does not get paid but yet someone else gets profits and the labor is black and the profit is white, is in slavery.
To be honest with you…it’s nauseating.
Should the NCAA be removed? Yes, because I don’t trust it…You’re not to be trusted because your intentions are clear. Let’s call this group in the middle, let’s call it something else. Let’s put some real reform in there and call it something different and get rid of the current status quo because it’s based on indentured servitude.
You tell me it’s about education, and we’re giving you this fabulous education for your son to come to school here, so you’re paying him with the education for his talent…If that’s what you’re paying him — you’re paying him with education — why aren’t you making sure he gets it? Why aren’t you assigning somebody to him so if he is a one-and-done, why didn’t you automatically assign him an academic advisor so that when he leaves he’s got someone in his ear talking to him about the value of that education he left behind? Wendell doesn’t have that problem because I’m going to be there like a jackhammer, but all of the other kids, the thing you pay them to come to your school and do, most of them don’t ever get it.
Mrs. Carter also played basketball for Ole Miss, so she’s not mincing words here. She knows exactly what is she is talking about from first-hand experience.
In sum, somebody at the NCAA is getting fired today for letting the mic get into Mrs. Carter’s hands.

Kylia-Carter-Wendell--390x205.png

http://blacksportsonline.com

so why did she even let him go to Duke?

sounds like a self inflicted wound to me

Back