Welcome To aBlackWeb

Drizzy, K-Dot, Cole and ??? Who takes the fourth spot on the Mount Rushmore of the 2010s?

MBDTF
WTT
Yeezus
Life of Pablo

not saying all these albums hit but every project kanye released in that decade had hip hip talking. plus his influence on new rappers started becoming more noticeable

Gotta disagree.

Keef isn't responsible for drill music and has no albums that had a cultural impact at all. In fact Keef is a 1 hit wonder.

Nicki Minaj has sold the most albums over any other female rapper too. She has broken and set new records for entries into the billboard charts, she's also set Guinness world records.

Future has an impact but not greater or more deserving than Nicki. Can you say Future is an international cultural icon ? Who would people in China or African countries recognize first ? Nicki or Future ? The emergence of female rappers today can literally be tied to Nicki's success breaking doors down for them, this alone far outweigh Future's accomplishments. IG models getting fake asses and tits, colorful hair, tryna rap that's Nicki minaj influence. Even the rhyme style (except for Cardi) but everyone else ? Nicki got.

Fair point and I respect your opinion but again, as I said... birthing a handful of female artists isn't enough to place yourself in the top 4 from an era. Should it be praised? Of course, she set the bar a bit higher than Kim, Foxy, Eve, Trina, etc. But still... she can't sit with the likes of Drake, Cole, and Kendrick. *Kanye shrug*

But you don't have to be from a specific era to be amongst the greats. If you make great music you deserve to be mentioned period. If it wasn't for Ye's last 3-4 projects being all gimmicky, lackluster, and shit, he'd be up there without a doubt IMO.

MBDTF, Watch The Throne, Cruel Summer, and maybe Yeezus were strong and holding him quite high. Quite frankly, he was sitting comfortably at #1 from 2010 to 2013 while Drake was gunning for that spot if you ask me.
MBDTF
WTT
Yeezus
Life of Pablo

not saying all these albums hit but every project kanye released in that decade had hip hip talking. plus his influence on new rappers started becoming more noticeable
AnyFineAsianporcupine-max-1mb.gif

Damn good arguments. Ye got my vote

MBDTF
WTT
Yeezus
Life of Pablo

I assumed the point of a 2010's mt Rushmore was for artists that debuted in the 2010's, but if not then Ye would be on it

Yes she can sit qith them and has. The only reason why niggas wont give Nicki her flowers is because she has a vagina. It can't be Big Sean because he hasnt done enough and doesn't have albums that impacted culture the same way, Chief Keef is a nobody in 2021 and could walk the streets outside Chicago and most niggas wouldn't recognize him, Future doesn't have the same cultural appeal, Wale never blew up or lived up to the hype. Nicki even transcended into fashion as a fashion icon too. What more could you ask for.

LOL, stop this yo.
It isn't because she is a female, at least with me. But Nicki doesnt have a classic album by the general public within the culture.

I agree with Big Sean and even add Meek Mill, and Wale to not being there. Their catalogue and/or impact can't go toe to toe with all of those who we mentioned.

You bugging with that Keef statement and him being a nobody in his own hometown. C'mon bruv lets chill out LMAO.

LOL, stop this yo.
It isn't because she is a female, at least with me. But Nicki doesnt have a classic album by the general public within the culture.

I agree with Big Sean and even add Meek Mill, and Wale to not being there. Their catalogue and/or impact can't go toe to toe with all of those who we mentioned.

You bugging with that Keef statement and him being a nobody in his own hometown. C'mon bruv lets chill out LMAO.

You talking bout Nicki ain’t got no classics.

WTF Chief Keef got?

One hot song, 8 fukn years ago.....:word?:

Classic albums are subjective and will be for the younger generation to dictate.

As for Chief Keef, reread what I said man - outside of his hometown Chicago he is a nobody and could casually walk the streets in most cities outside Chicago and most niggas wouldn't recognize him. That being said aint no way in hell does Chief Keef deserve to be in a top 20 list let alone Mt. Rushmore of rap.

My fault, my fault...

You talking bout Nicki ain’t got no classics.

WTF Chief Keef got?

One hot song, 8 fukn years ago.....:word?:

I mean, I expect Nicki to have a classic album over Chief Keef anyway. But I am talking about cultural impact when it comes between the two.

Keef + Chicago's impact is heavy on the culture as a whole, while Nicki is catered to just the females.

Again, I am removing the talent when it comes to Keef. He doesn't strike me as a talented artist, not one bit. So do not look at it like I am putting him over Nicki in that regard. If this was solely based on talent/classic albums then we'd have to rearrange the whole image there.

Just because you don't fuck wit it. Doesn't mean she don't deserve to be 1 of the 4.

Don't like 99% of Drake shit, but he deserves to be up there.
based on what though? She had to go pop to get her first album to drop (Starships) and then had to collab with a pedophile/snitch multiple times to get her last album to drop (all those songs with 69). her features have probably done better than her own songs, especially in the last 4 years or so

based on what though? She had to go pop to get her first album to drop (Starships) and then had to collab with a pedophile/snitch multiple times to get her last album to drop (all those songs with 69). her features have probably done better than her own songs, especially in the last 4 years or so

based on the same shit Drake is up there.

Heard the same pop shit bout Drake yet he's the only one of the 3 that has sold more and had more hits.

:js4:................so like I said this ain't bout how you "feel"

90-94 seems off too me. The only one that really seems to fit is Snoop. I ain't knocking that the others didn't have big moments in that time period, but I don't see where any of them stood out.

Also, the problem with the Mt. Rushmore concept is that it only focuses on solo artists, but it's just a fact that sometimes the biggest phenomena in rap are groups not solo artists.

Classic albums are subjective and will be for the younger generation to dictate.

As for Chief Keef, reread what I said man - outside of his hometown Chicago he is a nobody and could casually walk the streets in most cities outside Chicago and most niggas wouldn't recognize him.

What the hell? You usually on point to what the youngins hold in high regard.

Back From the Dead is considered a classic drill mixtape. Faneto has been one of the biggest party records since it dropped. War is one of the biggest drill records all time. As is numerous others of his records. All these rappers to come out these past few years all got Keef dna in them. Dude is literally the pioneer to the most popping sub genre in hip hop currently. Even as destructive the sub genre is.

He shouldn’t be the 4th on the mountain but you way off on Keef. Wouldn’t get recognized outta Chicago? Maybe to oldheads & that’s about it.

Back