Welcome To aBlackWeb

HBO Dream Scenario

One thing I will say about A24, hit or miss, their movies are creative and lots of times original. I dont mind taking a gamble on some of their movies

Dream Drifter

PRAISE : Nicolas Cage is great as an everyday joe college professor that hundreds to thousands of people are suddenly dreaming about.
One of the best things about the movie is its display of suddenly being famous and how it effects a person's life. All of the exhilarating and fun things about it but also it's dark sides and how anonymity fades away. Even at the start of his sudden fame you can see his wife Janet (quiet but good performance from Julianne Nicholson) start to chafe at it especially when it involves an ex girlfriend.
Michael Cera is very funny in a scene as a marketing mogul. I can just see Cage in my minds eye complimenting Cera and saying: that's exactly how I would have played it.
The movie doesn't hold back on how fame can lead a person down paths they would have never considered before.
How some turns in the story play out are haunting and reflective of situations celebrities have found themselves in as of late.

PROBLEMS: Even though some of the scenes towards the end of the film are funny, most of it is repetitive as if Director and writer Kristoffer Borgli is wondering if the viewer has gotten the point. I know I did far before the movies last twenty minutes.

Scale of 1 to 10 an 8

Back