Welcome To aBlackWeb

OUT NOW Drake - Scorpion

Scorpion

• Total voters
J. Cole FNL, FHD and KOD, Kid Cudi arguably, Acid Rap by chance, Kush & OJ by Wiz, Pinata by Freddie Gibbs, DS2 (niggas can fight me for this one but the impact was undeniable and musically surprised a lot of people), Rodeo to name a few....

Undisputed hip hop classics?

I think judging music is subjective but to a lot of the younger generation those albums are considered classic to them had a huge impact that marked a moment in time for them. I would definitely put Cole in the ranks. Cuz if none of these niggas have classics then the only niggas that do are 90s rappers who dropped albums prior to 2005 and Kanye West MBDTF.

I think cats need to let go of the 90s bias....

Yeaaaa idk fam lol U can argue 1 or 2 of those are classics, but I didn't see any undisputed classics like Kendrick has.

GKMC was the last album that was an undeniable classic to me. Prior to that, MBDTF....but i wouldn't argue w/ anybody who considered FHD or FNL as classics. To me personally, they are really good albums that could go either way.

lmao @ the music industry about to be like game industry. Niggas gonna have to buy season passes to get the full album. Might as well wait until the album been out a year so you can buy the entire finished product at a discount. Not sure how true this is, but I've heard some artists are doing this as a way to finesse the streaming #s. Release the original. Get those streams. Release an updated version of the original under the same name. Get those additional streams all over again. Rinse repeat.

This is funny and sad. Even sadder the gaming industry dont gaf so you know music industry dont gaf. Next niggas gonna get an album on instrumentals and gotta pay for the lyrics.

I remember people on the IC saying Kendrick had 4 classic albums (and this was before DAMN was released)...smh

Kendrick has ONE classic... Good Kid, M.A.A.D. City

DAMN and Section 80 are both really, really good albums

To Pimp A Butterfly was an interesting concept album that has aged poorly

O(verly) D(edicated) was dope but is more of a mixtape than proper album

Back