Welcome To aBlackWeb

Drake Responds To “This Is America” Originally Being A Drake Diss

I think Hip Hop needs Drake more now than before , a lot of rappers are flopping and not selling albums at high numbers, they do not have single big grossing tours . They are not making any summer anthems.

Maybe so….but sometimes absence is needed in order for something to change

I’m not saying he should retire…but if Hip Hop places everything on “Drake” it makes it less interesting imo

I don’t see a few years off as an issue. That’s just my take on it

Maybe so….but sometimes absence is needed in order for something to change

I’m not saying he should retire…but if Hip Hop places everything on “Drake” it makes it less interesting imo

I don’t see a few years off as an issue. That’s just my take on it
These Gen Z artists got to want it , they have to kick it into another gear musically and artistically . And from this current up and coming crop of Rappers ,I do not see any new Superstars on the horizon like when Kendrick Lamar, J Cole and Drake came into the picture. But we will see , this time period of Hip Hop is very strange.

These Gen Z artists got to want it , they have to kick it into another gear musically and artistically . And from this current up and coming crop of Rappers ,I do not see any new Superstars on the horizon like when Kendrick Lamar, J Cole and Drake came into the picture. But we will see , this time period of Hip Hop is very strange.

This I fully agree with

I believe rappers are at the laziest I think I’ve ever seen….even production-wise

After the blog/mixtape era (which was great for 80’s-90’s babies who wanted to be free of label pressure) rappers took more focus on clout chasing on social media for views rather than making music they can actually build a legacy with

We haven’t seen any new breakout lyricists in this decade making noise at all

If rap niggaz want to take time off to put out their albums let them ... I like Kendrick's spacing... Mans started a family after DAMN. ...

Drake makes microwave-able music in my opinion... Hot for that particular summer them forgotten like his numerous albums

Salty Drake got a point though nobody would remember the song if it wasnt for the video
I don’t think it’s meant to only be heard. The whole shit is satire. It’s to be experienced visually. Without the visual, it could be lost contextually

Back