Welcome To aBlackWeb

OUT NOW Drake - Honestly, Nevermind

@King Freeman

tenor.gif

All jokes aside, do people think Drake and his team are trying very hard to be super dominant forever or something?

They've already raised the bar so damn high and held on to it for so long. What's there to prove now?

His album sales can plunge drastically by next week and it shouldn't phase him because in the long run, they'll land where they projected anyway. His brand is global, a nigga with that kind of status cannot lose, ever! You don't always need to be top dog to be winning still.

Lol about globe and mail...

Gave this a couple more listens

i fuck with it

def starts off slow but by like track 7 it picks up

I really think the issue is most black american hip hop fans expected a typical Drake hip hop/r&b vibe…and the shock of it not being that still there. And for the most part most people dont like change lol

I think Beyonce finna drop a dance album…but for some reason don't think it will get the same reaction

hip hop fans are a lot more close minded tjan most other music fans

All jokes aside, do people think Drake and his team are trying very hard to be super dominant forever or something?

They've already raised the bar so damn high and held on to it for so long. What's there to prove now?

His album sales can plunge drastically by next week and it shouldn't phase him because in the long run, they'll land where they projected anyway. His brand is global, a nigga with that kind of status cannot lose, ever! You don't always need to be top dog to be winning still.

Makes sense considering Pitbull, Daddy Yankee, and Bad Bunny

i fuck with it

I really think the issue is most black american hip hop fans expected a typical Drake hip hop/r&b vibe…and the shock of it not being that still there. And for the most part most people dont like change lol

I think Beyonce finna drop a dance album…but for some reason don't think it will get the same reaction

Beyonce stopped making R&B a long time ago (Single Ladies era) so that won’t be a very jarring shift for her fans

I actually like Sticky but the rest feels like filler, I wish he had just thrown Sticky on his next “rap” album as an interlude and kept it pushing

Idk but I'm rooting for him tbh. I just like to mess with @King Freeman because he rides hard for everything Toronto.

I think hip hop is in a good place when Drake is top dog.

grew up on gangster rap (brother) house music ( parents) I don’t fuck with drake but somehow I might be in the minority that like this album smfh

i fuck with it

I said it before and ill say it again...So what about mexican/white/ house/edm/techno fans that dont like this album. Like why does there have to be so many excuses for PEOPLE(no color) not like this album

Makes sense considering Pitbull, Daddy Yankee, and Bad Bunny
to be honest, i had no idea how huge these ppl were until i went overseas

flo rida , black eyed peas too
the international music scene is what drake is targeting now
he doesn’t care about ppl on the corner pulling your card and asking “who the best emcee biggie, jay-z, or nas “

he (rightfully or wrongfully) feels he conquered rap. he’s going after nightclubs in dubai and egypt and argentina and everywhere in between where ppl are doing fly shit

pitbull might not be shit in usa bit in switzerland he’s considered on par with beyoncé and is treated as such

i could be wrong but i don’t think drake is yet in that category, i feel ppl generally consider him a rapper, and ain’t no club in paris playing no 5am in the morning freestyle or forever

he making music trying to break into that crowd now

this new album ain’t for me, but i understand what he trying to do and applaud the move

but i’m never listening to this again

Last edited:
to be honest, i had no idea how huge these ppl were until i went overseas

flo rida , black eyed peas too
the international music scene is what drake is targeting now
he doesn’t care about ppl on the corner pulling your card and asking “who the best emcee biggie, jay-z, or nas “

he (rightfully or wrongfully) feels he conquered rap. he’s going after nightclubs in dubai and egypt and argentina and everywhere in between where ppl are doing fly shit

pitbull might not be shit in usa bit in switzerland he’s considered on par with beyoncé and is treated as such

i could be wrong but i don’t think drake is yet in that category, i feel ppl generally consider him a rapper, and ain’t no club in paris playing no 5am in the morning freestyle or forever

he making music trying to break into that crowd now

this new album ain’t for me, but i understand what he trying to do and applaud the move

but i’m never listening to this again

But technically he has a place in that crowd. Not in a full album sense, but he has a good amount of songs for them, no?

Ok I gave the album an honest listen today. Beginning of it was cool. Got bored with it after Massive tho. Just felt like 1 long song by that point.

Couple standout tracks im saving but that's to be expected cuz drake knows how to make songs. But I stand by saying this shit was lazy and uninspired in the Beyoncé thread.

Back