Welcome To aBlackWeb

OUT NOW Drake - Certified Lover Boy

Rate CLB

Results are only viewable after voting.
I've been listening to this album on and off this week cuz my girl love drake.

Man this album is mid as fuck. Sounds like every other drake album.

I was half sleep while she was playing this album in the car driving to her aunt house.

Songs that I like are the obvious.
Girls like girls
TSU
That song with future. Can't think of the name right now.

But everything else is just same formula drake always use.

Throw in a carribean beat song
Sample a classic 90s rap song and then younger fans who wasn't around in that era will say drake gotta classic
A song that will be all over social media

This shit is mid and he'll do numbers cuz his fans are woman and teenagers

I can't believe I'm saying this but y'all do realize not every artist is going to have a general consensus classic right?

The certified classic albums appear to be albums that naturally evolved into classics. I can't think of a classic where the artist went in saying, you know what, I'm going to make a classic for this project.

So Drake doesn't have a classic album. Ok. Is he the best? No. Is he trash? Not imo. I would rather listen to most of his work over a lot of people.

If you don't bang with this album, that's ok but using the classic metric is crazy cause how many classic albums come out a year? That's a serious ass question.

We are a long way from the Jays, X's, Nas, CMR, etc of them all dropping fire ass projects in the same year. People need to stop having that classic or nothing mentality when it comes to judging music.

My two pennies

I've been listening to this album on and off this week cuz my girl love drake.

Man this album is mid as fuck. Sounds like every other drake album.

I was half sleep while she was playing this album in the car driving to her aunt house.

Songs that I like are the obvious.
Girls like girls
TSU
That song with future. Can't think of the name right now.

But everything else is just same formula drake always use.

Throw in a carribean beat song
Sample a classic 90s rap song and then younger fans who wasn't around in that era will say drake gotta classic
A song that will be all over social media

This shit is mid and he'll do numbers cuz his fans are woman and teenagers

Im
Kinda feeling the same he ain’t got no moody shit like he supposed too

Fam I think our era doesnt dictate what's a classic anymore. It's the younger kids coming up who can relate to Drake and have epic moments in their lives that are marked by whatever albums came out.

My younger cousins and siblings say Drake, Kendrick, Cole and Roddy Rich have classics. I may not agree with it but I gotta understand it's a different era.
Nah this the one thing u can’t compromise on

...now you don't need classics anymore. How many rules gon get rewritten for duke??

Ghostwriters, don't matter.
Singin instead of rappin, don't matter.
Pop instead of hip hop, don't matter.
From screwed, to bounce, to grime, to dancehall, to patois, don't matter.
Duckin the fade in a battle, don't matter.
Zero classics, don't matter.

All this for the real life Dangerous from Get Rich Or Die Tryin' fame. Shout out to corporate payola I guess.

Back