Welcome To aBlackWeb

DR. J Calls Out Lebron & Durant For Team Hopping

The Doc ain't wrong. He was in Philly his whole NBA career, and won his ring (and MVP) there.

KD - OKC, GS, BKN, PHX

I don't see the shot at Bron, especially considering he came back to his original team to fulfill that promise and win them a wing.

So now ya'll don't know what he talking about?

Lebron and KD's team hopping has been corny. That said, a lot of older people were on some chicken little shit thinking everyone was going to start doing that. I ain't going to lie, I kinda thought the league would devolve into a handful of super teams, but that never happened. It mostly just turned out to be a few dudes trying to make that happened and they probably weren't suited to be the backbone of a team anyway.

He really playing dumb. He brought up parity while talking about team hopping.

That’s great for parity if he wants to go that route.

His statement MADE NO SENSE
Dr J talking like Lebron and KD have the league in a chokehold

They won 5 rings total in 13 years

He acting like they putting the league at risk

If this interview was from 2016 maybe it would be more relevant but not heading into 2024

Team hopping is not great for parity when multiple super stars are trying to hop onto the same team. That's what he was getting at and I think you know that.
He’s wrong as hell.

LBJ got 3 different team’s championships. That’s 3 different fan bases. Great parity.

Also, that KD take is horrible because he chips came from a team that got one before and after him.

He’s wrong as hell.

LBJ got 3 different team’s championships. That’s 3 different fan bases. Great parity.

Also, that KD take is horrible because he chips came from a team that got one before and after him.

I agree he's wrong, but LBJ getting multiple teams championships has nothing to do with parity. I think you're arguing something different than he is.

Having many teams win is parity

Yes and no.

Think about when Lebron went to MIA. The East was already weak compared to the West. That move destroyed two teams (CLE and TOR) and stacked the deck for one. The result was MIA being the conference champion 4 years in a row. That's not parity. He went back to Cleveland and did the same thing - hurt two teams (MIA and MIN) and stacked one. The results were four more conference championships for the stacked team. That's not parity.

Sure in that period Lebron got championships for two teams, but he basically destroyed competition in a whole conference for 8 years.

He's right. And funny thing is even with all these super teams, Lebron has 4 and KD just has 2. Neither matched up to other legends who had less talent.

I swear, if we start getting Dr. J slander on these boards, I may legit start to track some of you muhfuckas down.

This is shit reaching critical mass now.

I swear, if we start getting Dr. J slander on these boards, I may legit start to track some of you muhfuckas down.

This is shit reaching critical mass now.
It’s ain’t our fault his ass stop watching ball in 96.

He needs to keep that dumbass must to himself

Back