Welcome To aBlackWeb

Dr. Dre revealed that he turned down opportunities to work with Michael Jackson, Prince & Stevie Wonder šŸ˜§

Yall anti Dre now?

snoop-dog-source-awards.gif
nah everybody saying they understand Dre bowing out gracefully

Didnā€™t he turn down Madonna, too?

I coulda sworn I heard a story years ago about Madonna wanting to work with Dre.

He said he likes working with new artists and he felt like if he couldnā€™t feel comfortable sitting down and having dinner with you, he canā€™t work with you.

We were talking about this over weekend. Shit irks me

I think that's a decent reason but also I think Dre is so against making music in general after what he went through with easy and then Suge. Dre is always finding excuses to NOT make music and I think it's because he's part perfectionist part shook by a stigma

It dont have to be all that.

Artists of all types lose inspiration all the time.

Especially if your inspiration came from all the different feelings of being broke and opressed and living in danger.

Add that to being known as the best ever for your previous work and not being able to live up to it after you lose inspiration, and boom.

Not saying this happened to dre, just saying this happens to alot of artists so it could have also happened to dre.

It does ā€¦ā€¦ for a nigga who doesnā€™t make his own beats how he gonna be able to fake it w the greatest musicians to do it?

U gotta know when u out ur league
He knew they would have exposed him as a charlatan šŸ¤·šŸ¾ā€
This is a vicious rumor that's circulated for years.

While Dre does have producers,he certainly makes his own beats too.

But also while Dre does make beats,his true talent is in engineering ,mixing,and possibly mastering.

Dre might get a beat from somebody but he also adds instruments,breaks,samples etc etc. etc and takes it from a beat or loop to a record.

That's why Dre's music has this specific crisp sound to it.He's a master at sound.

I'm sure Dre could have doen something amazing with Prince or MJ,but I don't think Dre makes music for them and vice versa.

I would have loved to hear him try though.

I can understand his reasoning, tho honestly I think Prince would have been the one giving him a hard time lol. What little bit of R&B Dre has done has been good so I donā€™t think it would have been terrible. Thatā€™s a lot of pressure tho.

The Neptunes are better than Dr.Dre , they have more versatility in music production for different genres of music. Neptunes can weave in and out of Pop,R&B ,Rock , Rap and Hip Hop and Dance effortlessly.

Yall acting like every song dre, mj , prince & stevie did were fire. Odds are if he worked with them, it would of took a lot of effort to make some meh song that got a lot of press.

This is also a sign of a good producer. Knows when to refer you to someone else, that will give you a better product.

Last edited:
I mean, if Biggie could work with MJ, Iā€™m surprised Dre couldnā€™t.

Prince wouldā€™ve gotten in his ass - pause - cause that G-Funk shit wouldnā€™t have flown with him.

Someone on Twitter said Quik woulda accepted the offers...

However the Dr. Dre disrespect on here is laughable...

Quik is a more talented (plays about 3-4 different instruments) and overall a better producer than Dre.
Quik's music just ages better...sounds more timeless
And after years of wonder why he was so overlooked outside of hip hop circles,
peeping out his social media explained the reason for that.....it became quite the mfer is off his rocker

While not as abrasive and intolerable as Talib....but DJ Quik...much like Pete Rock....these niggas are just as..."off"
mind ya, these are 2 of my all time favorite producers, but I now, understand why they are in the position they are in

Curious what era(s) he was asked to work with them in. Cause not everything Dre put out in the 90's was seen as a masterpiece (Dr Dre Presents Aftermath and The Firm albums).

Quik is a more talented (plays about 3-4 different instruments) and overall a better producer than Dre.
Quik's music just ages better...sounds more timeless
And after years of wonder why he was so overlooked outside of hip hop circles,
peeping out his social media explained the reason for that.....it became quite the mfer is off his rocker

While not as abrasive and intolerable as Talib....but DJ Quik...much like Pete Rock....these niggas are just as..."off"
mind ya, these are 2 of my all time favorite producers, but I now, understand why they are in the position they are in

I understand that Quik is a multi instrumentalist ... But he ain't a better engineer and mixer than Dre though... And that's where the rub is ... And to say Dre's music ages is a fallacy in my opinion... 2001 sounds like it was released last month... The sound on that shit neat...

And Dre does what Quik does and can do ... Dre started out as a DJ ... Remember? And he's proven he can play a musical instrument LOL ... if he hires other musicians on sessions... On his productions why not?

The likes of Quincy Jones and Prince hired other MFs to play instruments on their albums/productions

Back